British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

What Was The Last Speedway Dvd/vhs You Watched?

The Shawn Moran DVD.

Worth buying? tempted by that and the mort one. Is there a lot of footage not available on YouTube?

Just watched the 1969 world final at Wembley.

Mauger threw a race there to allow Belle Vue team mate Sjosten to get on the rostrum.

Nothing changes then. Even happening in those days.. :o

Nothing changes then. Even happening in those days.. :o

I remember reading a book on speedway by journalist and some time commentator John Chaplin who said that if you don't want your illusions spoilt regarding the sport then stay your side of the fence...meaning the amount of race 'fixing' etc that takes place. My uncle (who was a photographer) saw first hand evidence of this many years ago and it's an episode John Berry described in one of his books. I actually contacted John and we both were able to confirm the episode in question.

1979 World Final......and the World Team Cup 1979 Qual round from Reading...now that was a WET track....lol..........Anyone got a copy of the 1979 WTC final

1979 World Final......and the World Team Cup 1979 Qual round from Reading...now that was a WET track....lol..........Anyone got a copy of the 1979 WTC final

I was at the Reading meeting and also the Final but I believe that ITV didn't cover the event because England weren't competing.

Worth buying? tempted by that and the mort one. Is there a lot of footage not available on YouTube?

I enjoyed but tbh I doubt there's a speedway DVD I wouldn't enjoy!

the collins brothers

Highlights of the 'splish splash show' you mention are on Youtube, I know cos I've seen it. Now that meeting, and 1977 World Final, were wet meetings....

I was at the Reading meeting and also the Final but I believe that ITV didn't cover the event because England weren't competing.

Amazing that White City held the WTC final three times and England weren't in any of them.

We had some decent riders in those days as well!

• Like 1

Highlights of the 'splish splash show' you mention are on Youtube, I know cos I've seen it. Now that meeting, and 1977 World Final, were wet meetings....

I have the meeting from Reading on DVD, it was the final I was after, but after a lot of phone calls it seems it was never covered by TV

I have the meeting from Reading on DVD, it was the final I was after, but after a lot of phone calls it seems it was never covered by TV

There was some sort of industrial action at ITV in September 1979.

This meant that the World Final never got onto UK screens and the only versions that knock around seem to have Danish (?) commentary.

And, as you say, the WTC Final from White City was not filmed for TV at all, it would seem.

There was some sort of industrial action at ITV in September 1979.

This meant that the World Final never got onto UK screens and the only versions that knock around seem to have Danish (?) commentary.

And, as you say, the WTC Final from White City was not filmed for TV at all, it would seem.

I once saw 1979 World Final on DVD, with foreign commentary, good result obvioulsy, but also worth it to see Kelly Moran hold back Zenon Plech. 'A Hull 5-1' it was described as for some reason (!). As per 1979 WTC Qualy at Reading, the 'race' between Kelly Moran and Gordon Kennett slithering around in the sludge has to be seen to be believed. Re: 1977 World Final (another good result) most, if not all, heats were shown on the same afternoon by BBC's Grandstand & then ITV's World Of Sport. Not at the same time and just as well since VCRs weren't common at that time so while there some repeated heats, I got see most of the meeting....