British Speedway Forum
Brummie Kev

Tony Mole Retirement

Enjoy your retirement at the end of 2017 Mr Tony Mole...what a gent!!

He rescued so many tracks but alas my beloved track at Bradford eluded him despite his best efforts and for this I hope them BULLs rot in hell.

Rant Over

I wish he would have sole control of the future of British speedway, great servant to speedway in the uk.

• Like 3

I dont know the guy not the work he done for speedway, but all the comments I hear on this forum are all good..... so I really hope he has a long and happy retirement, sounds like he deserves it.

• Like 2

I dont know the guy not the work he done for speedway, but all the comments I hear on this forum are all good..... so I really hope he has a long and happy retirement, sounds like he deserves it.

Having had dealings with him in the past - I found him to be a complete gentleman. He tells it as it is, and, to us anyway, was totally honest.

He certainly does, as you say, deserve a happy retirement.

I have had the privilege of working with Tony Mole for over 30 years and can confirm all the good things which have been written and said about this quiet, modest man. He loves his speedway and has invested his money in saving numerous numerous tracks from closure even though he could have made much more profit by spending it elsewhere. His style is to employ someone trustworthy to run his tracks and let them do so without interference.

I have had the pleasure of writing programme copy for him at Birmingham and he has never once changed a single word I have written whether he agrees with it or not. I wish him a long and happy retirement and thank him from the bottom of my heart for what he has done for us at Birmingham.

Edited by BBuck
  • Like 5

Mr speedway Tony Mole the man who time and time again has put his hand in his pocket and saved or resurrected so many clubs over the years all because of his love of the sport. The man has certainly earned and deserves his retirement and I for one would love to see him enjoying his speedway standing on the terraces without the problems and worries that must go with the promotion of meetings each week.

I also believe that the very least the speedway authority's can do is GIVE THE MAN A TESTIMONIAL.

Ok he may not be a rider but if there is one person who deserves one for his services to this sport called speedway it has to be Tony.

• Like 1

Seems like Mr Mole almost saved / re-opened tracks for fun, he certainly saved Hull in the winter of 1997. He deserves some kind of reward for his services to speedway....

• Like 2

I have known Tony for 20 years or so and put simply he has been the greatest asset that Speedway has had in this Country during that time.

As Martin Mauger said he did seem to save and reopen tracks for fun but it does make you wonder how he can do it but so many others struggle.

His other sporting passion is football and he has been a regular at Kidderminster Harriers for many years. Now there's a challenge!!!

• Like 1

I have known Tony for 20 years or so and put simply he has been the greatest asset that Speedway has had in this Country during that time.

As Martin Mauger said he did seem to save and reopen tracks for fun but it does make you wonder how he can do it but so many others struggle.

His other sporting passion is football and he has been a regular at Kidderminster Harriers for many years. Now there's a challenge!!!

Shame he couldn't sort out coventry but he truly deserves his retirement