British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tsunami

Newcastle Speedway Track Work, 2016/7

Well, it's that time of the year when the track work starts to close down the track. Initial jobs to do are to remove the kick boards and store them, plus washing the air fence panels and storing them in the containers.

We already have a group of willing workers who help out every year, but if you fancy joining us this year you would be most welcome. We start this year on Sunday 6th November at about 9.30am, and work thought till it gets too cold. Old and warm clothing is essential, and scram and hot drinks are on all day. If the weather behaves itself, we should get it all done by mid December. Don't worry, its not really hard work, but with a good team together, the jobs get done in no time.

Hope you can join us this year.

Dave R

Edited by Tsunami

Please note that the track work planned for tomorrow is CANCELLED due to the wet conditions, and also the heavy rain that is forecast for tomorrow.

We hope to start the winter sessions next week, the 13th Nov, starting at 9.30am. See you there.

Please note that the track work planned for tomorrow is CANCELLED due to the wet conditions, and also the heavy rain that is forecast for tomorrow.

We hope to start the winter sessions next week, the 13th Nov, starting at 9.30am. See you there.

Go for a few pints instead Dave

• Like 1

Go for a few pints instead Dave

If only I drank. :P

Ironic that after the forecast for Sunday deteriorate since about Wednesday, after I sent my text out, and put the cancellation on here and Facebook, the forecast is now light rain instead of heavy rain. Still too wet but.

If only I drank. :P

Ironic that after the forecast for Sunday deteriorate since about Wednesday, after I sent my text out, and put the cancellation on here and Facebook, the forecast is now light rain instead of heavy rain. Still too wet but.

Take it you use the pouring method rather than the drinking method

• Like 1

Big thanks to everyone who turned up today at the track. As well as doing about half the work on the office flooring, we also managed a couple of fence repairs, and dug a drainage trench to divert water from getting under the office flooring. 9.30am to 2.00pm, and observed the 11.00pm silence for Remembrance Day.

With it being indoor work to finish next week, it shouldn't be weather dependant, so it's another 9.30 am start next Sunday

Hope to see you then.

• Like 1

NEWCASTLE SPEEDWAY track work

As usual we will be down the track on Sunday at 9.30am to complete the office floor repairs. All internal work, so the heavy rain forecast will not affect us. Usual hot drinks and biccies available all day.

See you there.

SUNDAY 25th November, 2016

We will be meeting at Brough at 10.00am to do the finishing off of the work in the office complex. Finishing the floor work, laying the lino, fitting the skirting boards, finishing the tiles and generally tidying the place up/ If you can join us it would be appreciated.

Hot Drinks and Bickies throughout.

See you there in old warm clothing, but we will be indoors.

The last of the finishing work in the office complex will be finished on Sunday.

We will be starting to lift the air fence and storage for the Winter and that will take a lot of people. I am aware of Amateur meeting and training days lately, but Sunday is the opportunity get as much done before Xmas, and the more that turns up the easier it will be. Disappointed at the response from second halfers and some Gems riders so far, so Sunday would be a good time to help the track staff that had been with us us every Sunday so far. We are starting on Sunday at 9.00am, and I reckon the majority of it could be completed then, with the following Sunday just to close the operation down for the Xmas. Can you make every effort to help your own colleagues.

Hot Drinks and Bickies as usual throughout.

Edited by Tsunami

Weather very kind to us today. With the completion of all the office complex work today, the place is looking smart as a dart.

At the sometime the team stripped the air fence panels off and put them away in storage till the outside track is cut to received the fence back onto the permanent fence.

Thanks to everyone who contributed and a big job done, way quicker than i had anticipated. Restart after Xmas.

Dave R

The intention was to restart the winter work this weekend but, in view of the low temps and the threat of snow this weekend, it is now planned to restart on Sunday 22nd January, weather permitting of course.

This Sunday(29th) sees the restart of the track work at Brough. We are starting at 9.30am and the forecast is good with 7 degrees, Sun and no threat of rain. Biscuits and hot drinks on all day.

This weeks job is cleaning and washing the rubber skirts of the air fence, and we have 2 Karchers to use to make it easier. As we have a few key people unavailable, if you have the spare time, or use the track and haven't helped yet, this Sunday could be a good day to start. Please dress up with warm clothing, preferably waterproof and wear wellies if you can. It will not be a full shift this week so we will get an earlier finish. If you can make it either just turn or give me a PM or a ring.

Hope to see you then.

NEWCASTLE SPEEDWAY track work

Many thanks to all who turned up today to wash and sort the rubber skirts for the air fence. It was freezing(-2) at first, but fortunately it turned out well and the job was completed. Next week sees the start of washing the air fence panels and the refixing back into position. Thanks once again.

Dave R

Weather seems to be holding up, so we will be starting to wash and refix the air fence on Sunday at 9.30am.

Anybody who can join us, can you wear warm clothing and hopefully waterproof.

Bickies and hot drinks on all day

See you then

Dave R

Due to the rain, and now the -3degrees frost tomorrow, please note we will not be working on the track work tomorrow (Sunday 12th)

We will resume next week, weather permitting of course.

Dave R