British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
damosuzuki

Glasgow 2017

Bewley would be mad to sign for team where he would start in the 1-5 when pretty much any other team he'd start in reserve and allow him to rakc up some big points and thus money in the first few weeks. That said if Glasgow pay him more than any other club..... And his last 10 meeting he was averaging 6+ last season so he'll be in the 1-5 of any team very soon.

Being in the teams 1-5 means he will be riding with & against a heat leader of Summers, Worrall or Lawson & against the opposition with only 4 rides. Attaining a 6 average might be hard.

should have had better medical insurance then

if i was racing at this level id have looked into medical insurance

i had cover conected to riding bikes on the road when i was younger and it covered for any sporting events aswell wasnt expensive but that was when i was younger and with all the clever people claiming for broken finger nails and such like its drove insurance cover up a fair bit

Interesting response.

Does anyone know anything specific about speedway riders and insurance?

Is speedway so potentially dangerous that taking out insurance is too prohibitively expensive?

Interesting response.

Is speedway so potentially dangerous that taking out insurance is too prohibitively expensive?

Insurance never comes cheap, but, it is essential. I am not sure it is compulsory, but certainly should be, it also should be a proviso of the licence to ride.

• Like 1

Interesting response.

Riders are generally deducted basic insurance @ source, usually at £5 per race, IIRC.

It's then up to the individual rider if they want to take out additional, and more comprehensive, insurance cover.

• Like 2

Just been posted on our official website that season ticket prices will remain the same as last season but it will include an extra 4 meetings for 2017, fantastic gesture to the supporters, I believe it works out at just over £11.50 per home meeting.

Available to buy at the clubs first winter event this Friday where the 4th rider for 2017 will be announced. Happy days!

• Like 2

Got feeling that Ayres and Smith could be Glasgow reserves. Jack that is not Kozza !

Think you can score out Ayres!

Got feeling that Ayres and Smith could be Glasgow reserves. Jack that is not Kozza !

Danny posted that he is not at Glasgow in 2017, my guess is Tom Perry and Jack Smith at reserve
  • Like 1

Not so sure about Bewley at Glasgow, with Steve Lawson as his mentor & his falling out with Richard...

Not so sure about Bewley at Glasgow, with Steve Lawson as his mentor & his falling out with Richard...

Time has healed any falling out it is not about Steve or Rich it is about Dan and Glasgow.

• Like 3

Time has healed any falling out it is not about Steve or Rich it is about Dan and Glasgow.

Does Steve not do the track at worky on a Saturday night anyway ?

Who's all going to Ibrox tomorrow night then ? We'll find out number 4 rider then

• Like 1