Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
damosuzuki

Glasgow 2017

EVENT: We now have the confirmed details for this Saturdays Practice and Meet the Riders evening.

Schedule:

Begins at 4pm

Riders take to track around 4.15pm with approx 2 hours practice.

Meet The Riders in Tigers Den from 7pm till 9pm

Cost

Adults £5, Conc/Students £3, Kids under 16 £1.

One off entry covers access to both events.

Copied from Tigers FB page

See all 7 Tigers take to the track for the first time wearing the new 2017 Kevlars.

Edited by mac101

There isn't usually

There isn't usually

I dont know why Paul but I think there was one occassion before where Glasgow charged a £2 nominal entry. Maybe it was just a voluntary throw a couple of quid in a bucket or something but I have a feeling that it did happen before and people moaned

Glasgow even charging fans to watch P + P and the meet the riders event now. They will soon price themselves out of the game once the novelty wears off. Managed to charge me £3 for a portion of awful chips last Sunday!

Glasgow even charging fans to watch P + P and the meet the riders event now. They will soon price themselves out of the game once the novelty wears off. Managed to charge me £3 for a portion of awful chips last Sunday!

Wondered how long it was going to take and not long was the answer

Genuine question will you be attending and as i suspect you won't be why did you bother with this inane ramble if people want to attend then they will and if not they won't it is everyones right to decide.

Why waste bandwidth with your rant if t isn't going to affect you or did you just post because you just like a moan.

And on the chips have never found anything wrong with them personally , chips are chips FFS now if it had been steak pie you may have had due cause if that tasted off but chips your having a laugh.

Or in your case maybe not Victor.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Genuine question will you be attending and as i suspect you won't be why did you bother with this inane ramble if people want to attend then they will and if not they won't it is everyones right to decide.

Why waste bandwidth with your rant if t isn't going to affect you or did you just post because you just like a moan.

And on the chips have never found anything wrong with them personally , chips are chips FFS now if it had been steak pie you may have had due cause if that tasted off but chips your having a laugh.

C'mon mate he's allowed an opinion, he clearly went to the ben fund so at least he's not someone who rants without actually going to speedway, I paid £4.50 for a cheeseburger that was a lot worse than proper butchers ones at Berwick that was double the price.

You probably sat and wondered how long it would take for someone to post something because you know what's coming is realistic the way the sport is.

I mainly posted because all I see is praise of what Glasgow are doing, in terms of fan, social media involvement, and overall improvements that is true, but what is blatantly obvious is they are paying riders over the odds, charging the public more because of this and probably need a crowd of well over a thousand to break even, which has already been mentioned by the promotion.

No matter who the owners are, once crowds drop slightly and they are running at a loss, no one will want to fund the speedway out of their own pockets.

If Glasgow are still running in 2 years time in the same way they are now I and a lot of others will be shocked. Unfortunately speedway is not like football where people will still go whatever price they are paying. Speedway is usually family sport and this could cost someone £50+ (without any food costs) every week to take a family of four.

Cruelly, sometimes Glasgow's own success can be a downfall too, what happens later in a season, where a team visits who are running to a budget and you know it's going to be a one sided 65+ result will those occasional fans still attend? If not, as seen at other tracks around the league, unfortunately they soon get out of the habit of going.

My reason for enquiring was I planned to take in the football match before it then stick around for the practice. Will I be expected to leave the stadium then pay back in?

You probably sat and wondered how long it would take for someone to post something because you know what's coming is realistic the way the sport is.

I mainly posted because all I see is praise of what Glasgow are doing, in terms of fan, social media involvement, and overall improvements that is true, but what is blatantly obvious is they are paying riders over the odds, charging the public more because of this and probably need a crowd of well over a thousand to break even, which has already been mentioned by the promotion.

No matter who the owners are, once crowds drop slightly and they are running at a loss, no one will want to fund the speedway out of their own pockets.

If Glasgow are still running in 2 years time in the same way they are now I and a lot of others will be shocked. Unfortunately speedway is not like football where people will still go whatever price they are paying. Speedway is usually family sport and this could cost someone £50+ (without any food costs) every week to take a family of four.

Cruelly, sometimes Glasgow's own success can be a downfall too, what happens later in a season, where a team visits who are running to a budget and you know it's going to be a one sided 65+ result will those occasional fans still attend? If not, as seen at other tracks around the league, unfortunately they soon get out of the habit of going.

The amount off negative comments since the takeover by the Facennas against Glasgow has been on almost every thread we are in , you would think by the comments people are jealous of what they are putting into the club and the sport but that would never be the case of jealous people on here surely not.

But i guess that is just the way it is sorry if i mis-read your post and can see you are not one of the haters just putting your opinion over i suppose criticism is healthy as they they can do something about it.

The amount off negative comments since the takeover by the Facennas against Glasgow has been on almost every thread we are in , you would think by the comments people are jealous of what they are putting into the club and the sport but that would never be the case of jealous people on here surely not.

But i guess that is just the way it is sorry if i mis-read your post and can see you are not one of the haters just putting your opinion over i suppose criticism is healthy as they they can do something about it.

He has a point though bruv , charging a fiver to watch them make practice starts is extracting the urine just a tad .

• Like 6

In fairness there was a charge for the meet the riders night last season, what they have done is start it later at 4.30pm until 6.30pm on track with the meet the riders in the Den at 7pm until 9pm, saves people going home and back out again at night, and the admission this year covers both events, remember the 7 riders still have to be paid travel for P&P so there is an outlay.

• Like 1

Surely the club are just trying to recoup cash for what is quite a costly event. We have the best facilities in British speedway and huge improvements in the close season.

• Like 2

I think that we all cast an eye over at Glasgow with some form of envy, I think that we would all be lying if we did not admit to that.

To be honest £5 does appear to be a bit steep, but if generally most fans who have Owners investing so heavily in their club generally don't object to paying a bit extra, and it is the Glasgow fans that are been asked to put their hands in their pocket and as long as they don't mind its okay.

Bit compared toa lot of other clubs it is a tad bit over priced.

As far as I see it riders on track then meet the riders in the bar a one off event cost as stipulated.Same as going to see a group do you ask for a discount as you don't want to see backing groups ?

Edited by MANSE

As far as I see it riders on track then meet the riders in the bar a one off event cost as stipulated.Same as going to see a group do yo ask for a discount as you don't want to see backing groups ?

Yeah that's in the evening when the paying public are in, but would you expect to pay to see them in the afternoon do the sound check and no actual songs (or races)

• Like 1