British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
damosuzuki

Glasgow 2017

Edinburgh will complain if it's at all possible. Sorry for Berwick because we have a great relationship with them.

Edinburgh will complain if it's at all possible. Sorry for Berwick because we have a great relationship with them.

Clearly the Facennas aren't too sorry! It's fans that will lose out again!

Clearly the Facennas aren't too sorry! It's fans that will lose out again!

It's a business decision.

They're running a business.

How many Glasgow fans go regularly to Berwick or vice versa? 20? 30? 50?

They must have made a calculated decision that a switch to Saturday night will offset any Bandits fans not coming to Glasgow on a Sunday.

• Like 4

Anyway onto team building . We'll know during the week which set of rules , daft or otherwise , we'll be working with next season . If we stick with the three pointers at number 7 , I noticed Andy Smith and his son , Jack , in the bar after the Cup final last Monday - I wonder

• Like 2

Going by the official Facebook page it change to Saturday hasn't gone down well with most people.

Another plus one here for Saturday night's. The rest of the family who don't share my love of circles will get to see their husband and dad on a Sunday afternoon which has gone down very well.

• Like 2

Going by the official Facebook page it change to Saturday hasn't gone down well with most people.

Zzzzzzzzzzz..........yawn.

• Like 2

Dont see how it effects Berwick 120 mls away.A few casual at most nowadays.Whether a Sat in Glasgow is the best night is the debatable point among Glasgow fans.
  • Like 2

The Facennas have been a godsend for Glasgow ploughing money and a huge amount of effort into the club. They will be doing this as part of their effort to make Glasgow speedway sustainable.

Speedway, more than many sports has a large number of people resistant to any change, and the facebook posts are people who now can't make it or just don't fancy it. I'm sure they'll run with it and see how it goes, but there's a noisy segment of speedway goers who will moan about everything. Usually the same people who I've never seen give an ounce of thanks to the Facennas for their efforts.

• Like 6

Think it might affect the fixture list if it goes through. A lot of southern based teams normally do Berwick Saturday & Glasgow Sunday.

• Like 1

The Facennas have been a godsend for Glasgow ploughing money and a huge amount of effort into the club. They will be doing this as part of their effort to make Glasgow speedway sustainable.

Speedway, more than many sports has a large number of people resistant to any change, and the facebook posts are people who now can't make it or just don't fancy it. I'm sure they'll run with it and see how it goes, but there's a noisy segment of speedway goers who will moan about everything. Usually the same people who I've never seen give an ounce of thanks to the Facennas for their efforts.

What the Facennas have done is incredible and truly remarkable, buying the stadium, ploughing money into its repair, they got that done straight away, they are do-ers, go-getters, they just get it done, and putting so much effort, enthusiasm and hard work that matches the financial investment. Giving the Ashfield football team a rent-free home, and all the enthusiasm and effort, better marketing, very professional. It seems any criticism comes from others out of sheer jealousy which is a pity. Bet they wouldn't be so scornful if it happened to their team.

As I said on another thread, Jealousy: one of the greatest weaknesses known to man.

• Like 6

Seriously Blobby !!!!!!! surely you don't pay any attention to what gets posted on Arsebook . That's even more mental than it gets on here . Why , we even had your sponsor making a fool of himself on there during the KO Cup final on Monday night .

• Like 1

I think also that corporate sponsorship is a better option on a Saturday evening making it easier to sell

• Like 2

1. Richard Lawson 8.17

2. Nike Lunna 4.86

3. Dimitri Berge 6.91

4. Aaron Summers 8.13

5. 7.87 (Rene Bach 7.32??/David Bellego 7.63??)

6. Danny Ayres 3.56

7. 3.00 (Jack Smith, Luke Chessell)

OR

1. Richie Worrall 8.33

2. Fernando Garcia 4.23

3. Dimitri Berge 6.91

4. Aaron Summers 8.13

5. Richard Lawson 8.17

6. Danny Ayres 3.56

7. 3.00 (Jack Smith, Luke Chessell)

It's a business decision.

They're running a business.

Spot on Joseq7 and the thing about the Facennas is they see it as part of the entertainment business and like many others I think evening meetings produce better atmosphere and racing. And Blubby the announcement seemed to go down really well at the dance on Saturday night. The Facennas have grown the business doubling the crowd since taking over but they started at a very low base. It sounds as if this is an attempt to get more people through the doors, attract more sponsorship, corporate hospitality all of which can only be good for the tigers. If it fails at least they will have tried.

• Like 2