Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
poolebolton

Most In-demand Riders For The 2017 Season

Didn't Adam Ellis ride as an EDR rider this year ? So why is his Average for next year deemed to be 5.60 ? Surely it should be either his PL Average pro rata ( if he had one ) or the average he entered into the season on as an EDR rider ?? Correct me if I am wrong ...

Cheers

Nobody knows what the averages for the EDR's next season will.

To much speculation on what they should be, will be, PL conversion or not.

One can only imagine that the reason to allow EDR riders to move up into the main body is to test their ability to mix it in the main body which several have proven to be able to do. One must believe there was a contingency plan to follow for next season ???

Back in the real world however the EDR averages (assuming they are retained) will be whatever the BSPA and promoters want them to be.

Hopefully some clarity on it will be more evident after next week's AGM.

Nobody knows what the averages for the EDR's next season will.

To much speculation on what they should be, will be, PL conversion or not.

One can only imagine that the reason to allow EDR riders to move up into the main body is to test their ability to mix it in the main body which several have proven to be able to do. One must believe there was a contingency plan to follow for next season ???

Back in the real world however the EDR averages (assuming they are retained) will be whatever the BSPA and promoters want them to be.

Hopefully some clarity on it will be more evident after next week's AGM.

AGM starts tomorrow.

Given the strongest team (Poole) finished with total averages of just over 46 and the weakest (Leicester) just over 37, I think someone is pulling your leg.

The <rumoured> 50pt points limit is based on PL averages.

EL averages will be a thing of the past if it gets the go ahead.

• Like 1

Didn't Adam Ellis ride as an EDR rider this year ? So why is his Average for next year deemed to be 5.60 ? Surely it should be either his PL Average pro rata ( if he had one ) or the average he entered into the season on as an EDR rider ?? Correct me if I am wrong ...

Cheers

He is clearly much better than a 3 point averaged rider as proven by riding in the top 5 last season.

If he was to end up as a 3 pointer then the team who gets him in 2017 would have a great head start over the rest.

• Like 2

Cheers

Your correct he was an EDR rider last year

And i would have no objection to him being one this year ..............on the correct average.

When a rider obtains an average of 5.60 from doing half the meetings at reserve and half the meetings in the top 5 then its blatantly obvious that he should have an average to fit his ability from those positions.

He has no premier league average to convert so it should be a simple process.

If he is on a 3 that would be the most stupid idea ever but Lakeside would snap him up

Your correct he was an EDR rider last year

And i would have no objection to him being one this year ..............

YOU have no objection how nice of you. Thankfully its not down to you.. :o

YOU have no objection how nice of you. Thankfully its not down to you.. :o

Did i say it was?? And thought you had me on ignore?

Adam Ellis can not be a 3 pointer wether he rides for Poole or Lakeside, it would make a mockery of a rider who achieved 5.60 from second string.

Though i guess you would think it fair for him to be on a 3 and Newman on 3.79, as they both rode for you.

Assuming he doesn't retire or go back to Oz, I reckon Davey Watt could be in line for a renaissance next season and plenty of teams will have a five and a half point hole in their line-ups.

Assuming he doesn't retire or go back to Oz, I reckon Davey Watt could be in line for a renaissance next season and plenty of teams will have a five and a half point hole in their line-ups.

I expect they will. but after this season will they take the chance. A drop to the PL might beckon.

believe watt is hoping to have a pretty full season back home this winter,plenty will be checking his performances,top 3 finish in the aussie champs would put him in demand !!

believe watt is hoping to have a pretty full season back home this winter,plenty will be checking his performances,top 3 finish in the aussie champs would put him in demand !!

Rather have Kacper Gomolski on a similar average.

• Like 1

Before the 2016 season I'd of had Watt in the Stars side but taking a risk is exactly what the Stars don't want to do in 2017

The Aussie Champs won't be much of an indication of where Watt is whether the results are good or bad as he's in his homeland comfort zone around friends and family.

We need a solid and physically / mentally fit 7 from the off.

Adam Ellis will be back at Lakeside in 2017 on the average he attained during the 2015 season.

Really?

So we just write off the improvement and average he obtained from 2016??

Can we do that for all riders? Just completely ignore a season?