British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
poolebolton

Most In-demand Riders For The 2017 Season

Adam Ellis will be back at Lakeside in 2017 on the average he attained during the 2015 season.

As a British fan I hope not.

He's developing really well the last thing Ellis should do is waste valuable time at a trick track.

For me, any young Brit that's showing potential should stay away from small tracks as they just stall any riders career

• Like 2

[quote name="Danny Smith" post="2871544" timestamp="1477933012"

For me, any young Brit that's showing potential should stay away from small tracks as they just stall any riders career

Yes, just look at the way Tai Woffindens career stalled when he went to Rye House and Wolves.

• Like 2

I'd imagine Troy Batchelor is in every clubs thoughts on his current average. Maybe not as attractive as it looks if the current race format is in place again next year but if sense prevails and the old race format (the one still used in the PL and NL) is brought back then he'll make a mockery of a 5.26 figure.

• Like 1

They are certainly not popular riders but clubs would be mad to not consider Bjerre, Batchelor and Watt on their low average.

Yes, just look at the way Tai Woffindens career stalled when he went to Rye House and Wolves.

Woffinden is an exception as he was riding in Poland before riding for Wolves so the doors were open to him very early.

Not many, if any Brits get that kind of luck at 18/19 yrs old

Adam Ellis will be back at Lakeside in 2017 on the average he attained during the 2015 season.

We have no idea what his or any of the EDR riders will end up on in 2017.

Woffinden is an exception as he was riding in Poland before riding for Wolves so the doors were open to him very early.

Woffinden is an exception because he has exceptional talent, nothing to do with which tracks he rode, big or small. Tai is the only one in modern times that we can really go by. There is nobody else to compare to Tai and certainly no pattern where you can say young Brits have been held back by spending too long at a certain type of track.

According to Leigh Adams, who we presume knows what he is talking about, you have to ride them all and you become a better rider by doing just that. In Leighs book he says the worst track he ever rode was his home track at Mildura, but by mastering that nothing else caused a problem for him, and he was certainly one rider who could go anywhere and score well.

We can also point to the example of Freddie Lindgren who says he hated the Wolves track when he first went there but stuck with it because he knew that learning to ride it properly would make him a better all round rider- and it clearly did.

I once asked a former GP rider why he couldn't ride Wolves and his answer was "Its probably all in my mind " and that really is the key to a lot of things in Speedwáy where so much depends on the riders confidence and state of mind.

• Like 2

I would say that was highly unlikely.

Doyle will be able to ride in the UK & has already signed a 2 yr deal with Swindon. His home league will be the UK I believe, other two Poland & Sweden.

Depends if Britain keep the top riders.

The talk is now they are using PL assessed averages for next season (seems a bit weird) then riders like Doyle and Iversen clearly won't fit or be in the plans just like the other GP riders or the like.

Didn't Poole buy him this season ?

What's the luck about a teenager getting his career planned out and making himself available. Flying out for practice rides and putting himself in the shop window which worked and he has been in Poland every year since.

Credit where credit is due rather than luck

If the top riders who are committed to Britain aren't allowed to ride then for me that's speedway done in the country. No point in having an "Elite league" which would basically be a British league. I'll be surprised it promotions like Poole, Swindon, Wolves vote this in.

Although I did hear a 50 point team building due to the reserves having ridiculous averages.

If that's the case I can see Poole lining up, something along the lines:

1. Chris Holder 8.58

2. Antonio Lindback 7.00

3. Piotr Pawlicki 7.00

4. Emil Sayfutdinov 7.00

5. Martin Vaculik 7.00

6. Chris Harris 6.62

7. Kyle Newman 3.79

• Like 1

Depends if Britain keep the top riders.

The talk is now they are using PL assessed averages for next season (seems a bit weird) then riders like Doyle and Iversen clearly won't fit or be in the plans just like the other GP riders or the like.

I believe the top riders like Doyle will still be 'allowed' to ride in the UK, it would just be on very high averages, something like 14.00.