British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Confirmed Signings For 2017

Len Silver said he hoped it was late November. Either way is disgusting that this year's agm was not set at the end of last year's meeting so things can be planned out.

But totally agree with comments elsewhere that the sports agm should cover all 3 leagues and indeed the development leagues.

Think I have been posted similar for last few years but seems like our level is too far beneath those in the top 2 leagues.

• Like 1

Good to see that the old Pension-Dodgers are getting signed up so quickly. I'm assuming that Stoke will sign up at least 7 more old-timers, but not announce a thing until the day before the start of the season, as usual. Let's hope that when the oldies have all been signed up, that there's still room in this league for the young'uns, somewhere.

Would it not be good for the "young'uns" to have an older rider in the team? To help them with setups, experience and different riding techniques, afterall these "young'uns" are still learning A LOT, especially the likes of Jamie Halder and Kean Dicken who have barely been on a 500 for a year yet

• Like 2

Would it not be good for the "young'uns" to have an older rider in the team? To help them with setups, experience and different riding techniques, afterall these "young'uns" are still learning A LOT, especially the likes of Jamie Halder and Kean Dicken who have barely been on a 500 for a year yet

The oldies can be in a coaching role at a team without needing to ride and using up a team place that a youngster can make use of.

It seems that Kings Lynn are remaining in the NL.

And I dare say that the chairman of the BSPA will be excused any punishment if Kings Lynn fail to fulfill their fixtures again, won't he?

SO WHEN IS THE NL AGM PLEASE

Isn't it 3rd December?

There isn't a confirmed date yet.

The organisation fills one so full of confidence doesn't it?

The oldies can be in a coaching role at a team without needing to ride and using up a team place that a youngster can make use of.

I see your point, but there are positives and negatives for the oldies riding in the team, why would they want to give up riding anyway? They're making a living, they wouldn't say to a doctor, "we're focusing on junior doctors now, you're fired" to someone who has been a doctor for many years, and lets face it the likes of Jon Armstrong and Tony Atkin have been a great servant to the sport and have entertained many people throughout the years, so why should they be left out? There's plenty of space for young riders and old riders if they still have the one rider over 30 per team rule? Do they still have that? They shouldn't be left out, it wouldn't seem fair to me

I don't know what you work as, but would you give up your role at your job just to let a younger person have it? Nah, you need to make a living and so do the oldies of speedway, I know they could make a living as a coach, but maybe they don't want that yet :P

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 2

With the Premiership and Championship looking to use 2pt riders, this could have an effect on NL and how much the riders are missing

With the Premiership and Championship looking to use 2pt riders, this could have an effect on NL and how much the riders are missing

Agreed but it's a difficult one to answer without the use of guests, seeing as the fixture compilers are incapable of avoiding clashes. One change I would like to see is injuries able to be covered by guests and not just R/R. For example it seemed harsh on Coventry last season having to use R/R for the injured Carr & then Greenwood through no fault of their own when teams could turn up with 2 guests for fixture clashes! But keep R/R to cover the 'any other reason' facility.

• Like 1

Anybody have an idea when the final GSA's are out ?

Think there on the bspa website now you just need to look at the last ones they published and there on there

Edited by ren

Think there on the bspa website now you just need to look at the last ones they published and there on there

Cheers ,, Even tho there was meetings raced after the 1-10 ??

Cheers ,, Even tho there was meetings raced after the 1-10 ??

Yeah don't quite understand myself but I take it there the final averages

• Like 1

I see your point, but there are positives and negatives for the oldies riding in the team, why would they want to give up riding anyway? They're making a living, they wouldn't say to a doctor, "we're focusing on junior doctors now, you're fired" to someone who has been a doctor for many years, and lets face it the likes of Jon Armstrong and Tony Atkin have been a great servant to the sport and have entertained many people throughout the years, so why should they be left out? There's plenty of space for young riders and old riders if they still have the one rider over 30 per team rule? Do they still have that? They shouldn't be left out, it wouldn't seem fair to me

I don't know what you work as, but would you give up your role at your job just to let a younger person have it? Nah, you need to make a living and so do the oldies of speedway, I know they could make a living as a coach, but maybe they don't want that yet :P

Completely agree :approve:

Never heard a bad word about Armstrong and have a great number of good ones. In particular, the fact that he is still riding and how he is able to give far more assistance and advice simply because he is still out on the track rather than in the pits.

• Like 1

Completely agree :approve:

Never heard a bad word about Armstrong and have a great number of good ones. In particular, the fact that he is still riding and how he is able to give far more assistance and advice simply because he is still out on the track rather than in the pits.

Glad someone sees it from my perspective and I got my words across well :P

Yeah don't quite understand myself but I take it there the final averages

Nah they're not final, they'll release the final ones after the AGM like previous years I assume.