British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Confirmed Signings For 2017

I see your point, but there are positives and negatives for the oldies riding in the team, why would they want to give up riding anyway?

There's a time and a place for everything. The National Development League (to give it it's full title) should be for developing young riders, in my opinion. Maybe, if there's a demand, speedway can do what tennis, golf (etc) do, and have a seniors league?

• Like 2

There's a time and a place for everything. The National Development League (to give it it's full title) should be for developing young riders, in my opinion. Maybe, if there's a demand, speedway can do what tennis, golf (etc) do, and have a seniors league?

Whilst i subscribe to it being the National Development League i do not believe that the opportunities have to be limited to young riders solely.

Its for new riders into league racing, enhancing the skills of more established riders as they work their way up the leagues & the continued learning of track craft for all. If the more experienced riders are able to assist with this in any way (which i know they do) then they are welcome any time as far as i am concerned.

• Like 1

Part of development is learning to team ride, setups and just experience of older riders in the pits, but that's just my opinion :P

There would be no point setting up an old timers league to avoid this because then that takes away the older riders being in the pits in the National League giving them no opportunity to help the younger riders on and off the track???

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

I'm sure if you ask the junior riders the challenge of the older rider is to try & beat them & have something to aim for thus gauging how they are improving. If you start the season half a lap behind & finish it by beating that same older guy it is the best way to measure improvement. It also makes it worthwhile standing in the cold watching. :t:

• Like 2

I'm sure if you ask the junior riders the challenge of the older rider is to try & beat them & have something to aim for thus gauging how they are improving. If you start the season half a lap behind & finish it by beating that same older guy it is the best way to measure improvement. It also makes it worthwhile standing in the cold watching. :t:

Another part they play on track is protection. If you can get infront of Jon he will protect you till the chequered flag. They aren't all about opening the throttle they can ride bikes tactically. I've seen older riders slow races down to get junior riders through. Giving younger riders confidence and knowledge. Can't do that from the pits.

• Like 1

Nah they're not final, they'll release the final ones after the AGM like previous years I assume.

My mistake! They've put the final averages on for the PL now so shouldn't be too long with the NL ones.

Interesting to note that the Speedway Star hasn't printed any FULL team averages for the NL since mid July!!!! Shame on them . I'm trying to finalise the averages myself.

Edited by Sniffy

Interesting to note that the Speedway Star hasn't printed any FULL team averages for the NL since mid July!!!! Shame on them...

That means that they haven't received a press release from the BSPA to copy and paste into their magazine.

Interesting to note that the Speedway Star hasn't printed any FULL team averages for the NL since mid July!!!! Shame on them . I'm trying to finalise the averages myself.

Use the Speedway GB website? It at least takes you to the end of September

Edited by Dandelion

Taylor Hampshire signs for the Young Stars. Starts the season on a 3.00 avarage.

Delighted with the news.

• Like 2

I'm sorry but is no one else bugged that Birmingham and Belle Vue are the wrong way around?

And the Isle of Wight are in the wrong spot... >.>

• Like 1