British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Should Monster Joe Be Banned From The Grand Prix Pits By The Fim?

I see riders with other major sponsors - some businesses represented by multiple riders. Are you all suggesting that Marketing representatives from those businesses should also not be allowed in the pits? Are you suggesting that NO marketing representatives should be allowed in the pits?

HB

Once the meeting starts yes they should all be banned from the pits. It's a working area, therefore dangerous so on H & S grounds alone riders/mechanics/officials should be the only people in there.

• Like 3

I guess you'll be on duty at the Kings Lynn pits when he turns up to support Chris Holder then??

I think Speedway should be asking Monster Joe the best way to publicise the sport, no matter what your opinion of him he's done a great job of getting youngsters drinking crap!!

• Like 3

I think that I look at this topic from a slightly different angle; as I have, and do, wear many different hats in the world of Motorsports.

1) Track Employee / Marketing: ANY (and I mean ANY) chance I have to enhance the experience of a business owner and potential supporter of the track or the sport in general - I'll take it and use it. I don't care if it's free tickets, Free meals/snacks/drinks in the VIP Suites, Introductions to the audience via the event Announcer or (gasp) entry to the pit area. The more that the potential (or active) supporter can experience - the better. And the feeling of "behind the scenes action" is a HUGE hook. How many of you when you were younger dreamt of a "back stage pass" at a Rock Concert. It give an individual a feeling of specialty - but also a look at what their support dollars are actually supporting.

2) Business Owner: When I put forth my hard earned business funds to support a racer . . . I want (need) to see what my investment is getting. No different than seeing the TV commercial I've purchased, or the print ad for which I've paid.

3.) Competitor: If I can give my sponsor a "behind the scenes" look at my operation . . . it increases the potential that I'll be able to sign them in a sponsorship agreement next season as well. That's why they're welcome to my race shop too.

Again, I'm not implying that anyone on this forum is wrong . . . just putting forth my thoughts and opinions on this subject.

Also, I have no relations to "Monster Joe" (LOL) and am in no way financially related to Monster Energy Drinks.

HB

I think that I look at this topic from a slightly different angle; as I have, and do, wear many different hats in the world of Motorsports.

1) Track Employee / Marketing: ANY (and I mean ANY) chance I have to enhance the experience of a business owner and potential supporter of the track or the sport in general - I'll take it and use it. I don't care if it's free tickets, Free meals/snacks/drinks in the VIP Suites, Introductions to the audience via the event Announcer or (gasp) entry to the pit area. The more that the potential (or active) supporter can experience - the better. And the feeling of "behind the scenes action" is a HUGE hook. How many of you when you were younger dreamt of a "back stage pass" at a Rock Concert. It give an individual a feeling of specialty - but also a look at what their support dollars are actually supporting.

2) Business Owner: When I put forth my hard earned business funds to support a racer . . . I want (need) to see what my investment is getting. No different than seeing the TV commercial I've purchased, or the print ad for which I've paid.

3.) Competitor: If I can give my sponsor a "behind the scenes" look at my operation . . . it increases the potential that I'll be able to sign them in a sponsorship agreement next season as well. That's why they're welcome to my race shop too.

Again, I'm not implying that anyone on this forum is wrong . . . just putting forth my thoughts and opinions on this subject.

Also, I have no relations to "Monster Joe" (LOL) and am in no way financially related to Monster Energy Drinks.

HB

but what about if that sponsor has a dislike for a particular rider and shows his displeasure in the pits and on social media on various occasions ?
  • Like 4

HB

In some cases that all takes place, nothing wrong with pits visits and maybe even after event party's but while the racing is on there shouldn't be anyone but track officials, mechanics and riders in the pits, especially not ugly men dressed as skateboarders.

• Like 1

I think riders, named mechanics and officials, should be the only people permitted to be in the pits during a meeting. If they wish to allow sponsors or guests before the start time, that would be adequate. Personally I don't even like media interviews during racing, if they must have it, make sure it's only in a designated space away from all the pits activities.

I've said many times that there are far too many people in the pits at meetings who don't seem to have a reason and get in the way - normally when something kicks off as we saw with Masters and Pedersens pit crew a couple of years ago.

• Like 4

I've said many times that there are far too many people in the pits at meetings who don't seem to have a reason and get in the way - normally when something kicks off as we saw with Masters and Pedersens pit crew a couple of years ago.

Yes, the Holder brothers.

• Like 1

Yes, the Holder brothers.

In my opinion, the pits area, the area between the pits and track should be treated as the track itself, once the clerk of the course asks the riders to "warm" up the bikes. The only people left in these areas, should be riders, named mechanics, and officials, otherwise, one day, someone is going to get hurt.. I.E run over by rider or mechanic riding a spare bike out, or a riderless bike, lose an eye from a flying chain (Ask Sudden Sam) or any other de-biked component..

• Like 1