British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Should Monster Joe Be Banned From The Grand Prix Pits By The Fim?

It was the decision of the FIM Jury, not solely the referee. The FIM Jury at each Grand Prix consists of:

* Armando Castagna

* A local official

* The FIM referee

All the best

Rob

FOR the record ... It is the Jury President (not always Aramndo, often Tony Steele or Wolfgang Glas), the referee and the local FIM delegate. Race Director sits on the Jury but has no vote.

• Like 1

FOR the record ... It is the Jury President (not always Aramndo, often Tony Steele or Wolfgang Glas), the referee and the local FIM delegate. Race Director sits on the Jury but has no vote.

Thanks for the clarification.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely Wolfgang Glas was the worst-ever referee for a Grand Prix? I'm sure he was the referee to the Swedish round in 2000, when he totally missed Loram clatter into Rickardsson, excluded Rickardsson, tried to reverse his decision... but a FIM Jury declared he couldn't do that.

All the best

Rob

I'm sure you're right but I think the Star article said it was Castagna & Phil Morris plus Ref. Both Castagna and Morris had quotes about the ban.

Why are we making such a fuss over this with Greg.

All the times it's happened before at other meetings both World Cup and League meetings and more apparent to everybody watching but nothing said or done at the time.

I'm sure you're right but I think the Star article said it was Castagna & Phil Morris plus Ref. Both Castagna and Morris had quotes about the ban.

Actually within the burburblings of Burbidge are two references to the correct make up of the FIM Jury in Melbourne.

Not even HE could get that wrong.

But in the spread across P2/3 with quotes from Hancock and the unattributed 'comment' piece entitled 'Jury Justice?' Morris is mentioned by name more than once. Plus is the Page 3 FIM column there are comments & quotes by him that are all about the Jury actions.

At no point is it actually written "Race Director sits on the Jury but has no vote" as PR has done just here; which is so easy to do just for clarity.

Edited by Grand Central

THEY were all on the Jury but as explained earlier the Race Director does not have a vote.

THEY were all on the Jury but as explained earlier the Race Director does not have a vote.

He can presumably influence the vote though.

• Like 1

He can presumably influence the vote though.

He could or should have been involved with evidence of what Greg, according to Greg, showed him the alleged faulty clutch.

Thanks. But he would have had the technical knowledge and could be used in that way ?

Guest GiveusaB

I don't think it matters who's in the pits tbh..... I think each rider should have a limited number and be done with it!

However, I do think that Greg should've been fined for his actions and get Monster Joe to pay !!!

They can then refund all the fans that paid to watch the farcical event !

Thanks for the clarification.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but surely Wolfgang Glas was the worst-ever referee for a Grand Prix? I'm sure he was the referee to the Swedish round in 2000, when he totally missed Loram clatter into Rickardsson, excluded Rickardsson, tried to reverse his decision... but a FIM Jury declared he couldn't do that.

All the best

Rob

Your correct.

Mark misjudged the entry to the corner and took Tony off, possibly the only time Mark ever took a rider off.

They excluded Tony and then mayhem ensued. Just remember Crumpie going ballistic saying you cant reverse a decision.

Mark just sat on his bike in the pits shrugging his shoulders, calmest man there

Your correct.

Mark misjudged the entry to the corner and took Tony off, possibly the only time Mark ever took a rider off.

They excluded Tony and then mayhem ensued. Just remember Crumpie going ballistic saying you cant reverse a decision.

Mark just sat on his bike in the pits shrugging his shoulders, calmest man there

From what I recall, it was the last in a trail of refereeing cock-ups throughout that GP, and Tony Steele was given the remaining rounds of the season, because Wolfgang Glas wasn't up to the job.

All the best

Rob

From what I recall, it was the last in a trail of refereeing cock-ups throughout that GP, and Tony Steele was given the remaining rounds of the season, because Wolfgang Glas wasn't up to the job.

All the best

Rob

think you are right there as well.

Mark was never ever a dirty or hard rider but as i say he completely misjudged the speed Tony was going into the corner and took him off. Even a die-hard Brit and Loram fan everyone knew Mark had to go.

Speaking to him at a later date he said the same but thats why he just didnt do anything but wait on his bike and if they excluded him he wouldnt have argued.

Only seen Mark really angry 3 times. Once when Nielsen rode him hard in a gp , Mark passed him back and give him the longest look over a shoulder ever as they crossed the line. Then when Nicki had him off in a gp and Mark was on his bike for the re run bashing the gate as the race started, and then finally after Lee Richardson fenced him in the British Final at Coventry.