British Speedway Forum

Well it seems strange that such a tiddler of a club wants to play with the big boys. But good luck to them.

Kennett is nailed on. I knew that weeks ago.

Wonder what night they are going to race on? A track I have strangely never been to. That will change in 2017.

How about Buzz

They can have Buzz.

I hope it works for you Hertfordshire shale fans. Have you got any shale ?

Well it seems strange that such a tiddler of a club wants to play with the big boys. But good luck to them.

Wonder what night they are going to race on? A track I have strangely never been to. That will change in 2017.

Oh goodness Steve. Even I have been to Rye House, twice! You didn't go when Bournemouth Buccs were there then?!

They can have Buzz.

Love to see Buzz's face when you tell him he's off to Rye!
  • Like 1

Would think that at 2 or 3 riders would come over from Lakeside to try and tempt the fans across.

Oh goodness Steve. Even I have been to Rye House, twice! You didn't go when Bournemouth Buccs were there then?!

Last time i went to Rye was in 1978...I won't be telling buzz anything, but i certainly wouldnt want to see him back at poole again.. Massive let down. I would rather have Dak.

Edited by Starman2006

Is Mark Burrows still racing?

• Like 4

I do love your way with words, Shovlar!

Rye is a great little track, and is definitely worth a visit. It has lost some of its charm since they altered the track, but still can produce some fine racing.

Hopefully they can make a good go of it since Lakeside's decision to drop down.

Both the track and the stadium have lost some of their charm. Both will need to be improved for next season.

Think yourself lucky you never went during the era of the first bend adverse camber.....

• Like 1

Is Mark Burrows still racing?

I wonder if Kev Smith Mark Fiala and Kelvin Marlarkey will make comebacks ... :t::D

• Like 1

Think yourself lucky you never went during the era of the first bend adverse camber.....

Dunno if it was that, the 3rd/4th bend camber or the joke of grading the track with absolutely nothing on it grrrrr

I bumped into Kennett a couple of weeks ago at brands hatch and he told me he had no plans for next season yet apart from getting some new grasstrack engines, he must have been telling me lies.

Lakeside was only Elite League track I hadn't visited so will be now be at Rye House for at least one of the Swindon visits next year. Looking at some of the videos on the Bspa website this year from there, the racing can be good.

I bumped into Kennett a couple of weeks ago at brands hatch and he told me he had no plans for next season yet apart from getting some new grasstrack engines, he must have been telling me lies.

I expect Steve got told by someone rather than actually speaking to him.

It's amazing he never said something before today because he doesn't usually keep a secret too long😀😀

• Like 1