British Speedway Forum

Lots of names being thrown around. It's good to have so much interest. One positive is that the promotion realised that last years team building was a disaster and have gone early this year

My only worry is that it's been announced the top five are wrapped up but reserves haven't been signed yet. One thing I would fault the new promotion on from a team building standpoint with both the Raiders and Rockets in both of their seasons in charge is that the reserves have not been good enough, at least one strong reserve should always be included.

I think branford will def be back

I don't

Edited by Shads

I would think if Bomber is going to do well at home . the track prep will need a bit of attention . from what I heard on here last year it was slick and dusty . it's quite small and to my way of thinking not really bomber territory

• Like 1

I don't

I think he enjoyed his racing at rh, so if his average fits i can't see why not? He always gives 110%

I don't

I think he enjoyed being at rh last season, so i can't see why not if his average fits

He always gives 110%

Only because he rode in more meetings. All of them actually

Did you see Kennett at Newcastle?

Didn't think he turned up!!!

Didn't think he turned up!!!

Branford and Robbo saved us from an absolute tonking that day.

Putting the riders to one side for a moment, i would like to see the following improvements at the stadium

1.new decent bar area

2.a raised viewing area outside old long bar

3.the same as above bends 1 & 2 but a permanent stucture for both

4. A decent shop,not a boot sale table

What improvements would you like to see done to the stadium?

I'd like to see more dirt on the track for starters. Harris and Nicholls will need some help in that department.

• Like 2

Putting the riders to one side for a moment, i would like to see the following improvements at the stadium

1.new decent bar area

Hmmm

Seems not a lot has changed then since I last visited about 28 years ago....

Having said that Lakeside was hardly utopiah. That seemed to have same facilities since it opened back in the year dot. A toilet visit was both a challenge and a health hazard. Flippers were needed on some occasions.

It's sad that I even make jest of some of our stadia in such a manner but unfortunately its true.

Anyway I hope Rye do invest a bit of money to give supporters the facilities they deserve for the new Prem. Good luck and fortune to all involved and well done for making such a brave move.

• Like 1

1.new decent bar area

Take the lot and move it to Berwick please

• Like 2

Hmmm

Seems not a lot has changed then since I last visited about 28 years ago....

Having said that Lakeside was hardly utopiah. That seemed to have same facilities since it opened back in the year dot. A toilet visit was both a challenge and a health hazard. Flippers were needed on some occasions.

It's sad that I even make jest of some of our stadia in such a manner but unfortunately its true.

Anyway I hope Rye do invest a bit of money to give supporters the facilities they deserve for the new Prem. Good luck and fortune to all involved and well done for making such a brave move.

I think most speedway stadiums are a state, and have had very few if any improvements for years.

People expect better facilities nowdays thats half the prob why people dont go

Also rh is lucky to have a great location next to the river/ pub and the train station a two min walk.

Surely the new owners should promote at some of these stations or on the trains?

Maybe a discount on admisson with valid train ticket? Or a free programme.

Only ideas i will prepare to be shot down.

• Like 3