British Speedway Forum

An ice cream van during the summer meetings

• Like 1

Sweet shop like lakeside, brings the kids in(used to have the sweet shed outside long bar years ago) and i quite like a bag or two when there.

Bringing extra money thou the door it all helps

He rode for the Bees briefly since then.

And Peterborough in 2013 (Although I'm sure that was before he rode for the Bees that year) I'd forget Sundstrom because if I were a Rye fan, I'd want something like this:

1. Edward Kennett 9.27

2. Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen 6.50

3. Scott Nicholls 9.23

4. Stuart Robson 7.09

5. Chris Harris 9.21

6. Robert Branford 4.60

7. Ben Morley 3.85

Total 49.75

Very British, very good at Rye and very good :)

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

I've been a Rye House fan since growing up in the 1970s. Never in my life (apart from maybe the end of the 1980 season!) have I wanted to see them racing in the top tier. I've always preferred second tier racing and thought the set up at Rye was better suited to it. Now, with these two signings, I've gone from thinking how often can I be bothered to make the 200km pilgrimage to Hoddesdon and back next summer, to thinking I'm going every time I possibly can and how am I going to juggle my work commitments to get there midweek. Bring it on 2017!

My ideal would be for Edward Kennett and Stuart Robson to be the next two names. I don't mind if that means four riders all past their peak because they are all cracking racers and British. I go to speedway for the entertainment and I don't subscribe to win at all costs.

• Like 5

I would think if Bomber is going to do well at home . the track prep will need a bit of attention . from what I heard on here last year it was slick and dusty . it's quite small and to my way of thinking not really bomber territory

Fair point, but in theory you could probably say the same about Monmore (at least from a size perspective) and we all know how that works out. I would expect him to find a way.

Putting the riders to one side for a moment, i would like to see the following improvements at the stadium

1.new decent bar area

2.a raised viewing area outside old long bar

3.the same as above bends 1 & 2 but a permanent stucture for both

4. A decent shop,not a boot sale table

What improvements would you like to see done to the stadium?

Definitely a decent shop for the supporters to buy pens, boards, memorabilia etc and a sweetshop would go down well with me

I think most speedway stadiums are a state, and have had very few if any improvements for years.

People expect better facilities nowdays thats half the prob why people dont goAlso rh is lucky to have a great location next to the river/ pub and the train station a two min walk.

Surely the new owners should promote at some of these stations or on the trains?

Maybe a discount on admisson with valid train ticket? Or a free programme

Only ideas i will prepare to be shot down.

Definitely a decent shop for the supporters to buy pens, boards, memorabilia etc and a sweetshop would go down well with me

Edited by hammer1969

And Peterborough in 2013 (Although I'm sure that was before he rode for the Bees that year) I'd forget Sundstrom because if I were a Rye fan, I'd want something like this:

1. Edward Kennett 9.27

3. Scott Nicholls 9.23

4. Stuart Robson 7.09

5. Chris Harris 9.21

6. Robert Branford 4.60

7. Ben Morley 3.85

Total 49.75

Hope you are near the mark - all very entertaining riders what a team that would be

Great start from you guys.Early days,but good to see a new team not just making up the numbers

Davey Watt instead of Robson. Watt is a better rider and has always been and has sorted out his problems and will be a good rider for you.

First year in the Premiership/ EL experience is better than youth. I mean at Poole we can have youth it's what we do in reality take good riders make them slightly better send them off to Poland win some championships along the way. AND I KNOW BRITISH SPEEDWAY WILL CHANGE A LOT IN COMING YEARS, BUT RYE HOUSE YOU ARE A THREAT TO THE POWER HOUSE TRIO OF POOLE, SWINDON AND WOLVES. You have the potential to be great in this league. Lakeside were just getting there and have gone back to square well not even a square. From the Poole fan, COME ON RYE.

Davey Watt instead of Robson. Watt is a better rider and has always been and has sorted out his problems and will be a good rider for you.

No, no, no and no!!!

• Like 2

No, no, no and no!!!

Fine you guys have Robson, he did not even make a decent PL rider last season. Newman vs Robson, Cheers thanks for coming RYE.

• Like 1

1. Edward Kennett 9.27

3. Scott Nicholls 9.23

4. Stuart Robson 7.09

5. Chris Harris 9.21

6. Robert Branford 4.60

7. Ben Morley 3.85

Total 49.75

In the Elite League sorry Premiership, in my opinion that team will get massacred at reserve. The Harris, Nicholls, Kennett & NBJ quartet will be competitive, I'm fairly convinced that your heat 13 & 15 outings will be a 3-3 at best though. Branford at reserve is decent prospect, take him. What would Sundstrom be, average wise.

If Rye include Heeps, Kennett & Branford my calculations suggest they have 6.11 to play with. Does Sindstrom fit?

Kennett 9.27

Harris 9.22

NBJ 6.50

Nicholls 9.23

Heeps 5.07

Branford 4.6

6.11 for final rider

Edited by Col

Bramford and morley could be ok at reserve, I expect many sides will have a 2 or 3 pointer in there.

Watt would be a much better option than Robson imo.

Bramford and morley could be ok at reserve,

They will score 2 away from from home beating each other. Not the way to go.

They will score 2 away from from home beating each other. Not the way to go.

That would surely only be 1 point?

Are u saying they are not stronger than riders on 2/3 point averages?