British Speedway Forum

Kennett - 9.27

Branford - 4.60

NBJ - 6.50

No 7. - 3.64 (Morley doesn't fit) Id like Jack Parkinson Blackburn or Jack Smith

A revitalised Davy Watt would actually be a heat leader round Rye,,,Good signing could prove to be better than Harris in my opinion...

I hate to sound so negative but how on earth will the books balance come October in 2017?

Nearly all teams (in UK, Denmark, Poland, Sweden) need to be reasonably heavily sponsored to make ends meet. In the event of insufficient sponsorship, that gap is usually met by the owners usually via one of their other business.

• Like 1

Whats the nearest train station to Rye? Will have to come to a meeting

It's about 3 minutes walk from the station to the turnstiles

If you do manage to get Eddie as well you have the makings of a good team.

A revitalised Davy Watt would actually be a heat leader round Rye,,,Good signing could prove to be better than Harris in my opinion...

You must be smoking the Waco baco!!! :o

• Like 2

Watt should be a decent signing so long as he has decent back up.

Good to see him fixed back up with a British club.

• Like 3

Flying Panther ,,i dont smoke,,and i stand by my opinion ,,so we will see ,,get back to you at the end of the season ,to see who was right ...??

• Like 3

Probably another member of the Morrisey Fan group

Yeah I have too been wondering?! Gater1 threatening to leave but I guess may just stay on under that moniker!

More chance of seeing Freddie Garrity at Rye

Anyone that thinks otherwise is just a dreamer...
  • Like 2

Davy Watt could be a very shewd signing by the Rocket's i sincerely hope Davy can find his way in the sport again because it was clear at Leicester last season he had completely fell out of love with the sport & was struggling personally. He is such a nice person off the track who has come in for alot as stick in the past seasons so hopefully he can stick the V upto the haters & produce the goods for Rye

• Like 2

Davy Watt could be a very shewd signing by the Rocket's i sincerely hope Davy can find his way in the sport again because it was clear at Leicester last season he had completely fell out of love with the sport & was struggling personally. He is such a nice person off the track who has come in for alot as stick in the past seasons so hopefully he can stick the V upto the haters & produce the goods for Rye

I also think this is a win win situation, if he recaptures any of his past love (I understand his personal issues are now resolved) he is a bargain, if not, he will retire quite quickly.

• Like 1

Yeah I have too been wondering?! Gater1 threatening to leave but I guess may just stay on under that moniker!

Anyone that thinks otherwise is just a dreamer...

I'm telling you now. Rye will not be signing Jason Garrity

The problem at Rye last year was that we'd signed a rider we couldn't get rid of when it was clear he wasn't up to the task

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Watt could be a bit of a masterstroke if he can get his head right.

I'm pleased with the way the promotion are handling the announcements. If Watt had been first up it would have been somewhat disappointing, but knowing he will probably be a second string (Kennett must be a part of the team) shows how good his signing is in the context of team building so far. I'd expect Kennett's return to be the icing on the cake come Friday. As for tomorrow, I have the feeling it's going to be Schlein. Perhaps the Jorgensen rumour was just a rumour after all. Not that I'd be disappointed if it is Schlein. If that turns out to be right we could see every member of the top five wearing the number one on his back at some point of the campaign.

That would leave 7.55 for the reserves. If we have a two pointer then we have up to 5.55 to sign our top reserve, there's nobody better for the role than Branford however between Branford's 4.6 and the 5.55 left realistically, leaving us with 2.95.

• Like 1