British Speedway Forum

I think they will be very hard to beat at home.

If they avoid defeat in their first three (home) meetings, I'm sure they will go through the season with a 100% record at home.

If they avoid defeat in their first three (home) meetings, I'm sure they will go through the season with a 100% record at home.

Yes.Except from the first few I agree.

I don't wish to pry into somebody else's team. But when I look at your top 5 it seems quite impressive. Id just be a bit disappointed with the signing of Branford. It seems your now going to have 2 weak reserves all season. Had you gone with a 2 point fodder and a 5.? Rider then suddenly you have at least 1 decent reserve pushing Robson . Would Lyke have fit the bill? I didn't see Branford ride much last season so maybe my view is outdated but I can't see many 3 point riders who would do much different to a 2 point novice that haven't already been written off on this page.

Have you ever watched Branford live??

I don't wish to pry into somebody else's team. But when I look at your top 5 it seems quite impressive. Id just be a bit disappointed with the signing of Branford. It seems your now going to have 2 weak reserves all season. Had you gone with a 2 point fodder and a 5.? Rider then suddenly you have at least 1 decent reserve pushing Robson . Would Lyke have fit the bill? I didn't see Branford ride much last season so maybe my view is outdated but I can't see many 3 point riders who would do much different to a 2 point novice that haven't already been written off on this page.

Branford has improved massively in the last two seasons in my opinion. He averaged over six in his meetings for the Rockets last season, his average is only 4.60 because of his carried over scores from 2015 at Edinburgh not being knocked off by his guest appearances before he signed on as a full time Rocket this year.

I fully agree with the second part of your post about there not being any three pointers around that will do much better than a two pointer, however retaining Branford has been received well pretty much universally by Rye fans, and rightly so in my opinion. In the second tier he is on a bargain average, while in the top league he is on an average he should hopefully be able to retain, which should be seen as a success given the high points limit that has been put into place.

• Like 2

Branford has improved massively in the last two seasons in my opinion. He averaged over six in his meetings for the Rockets last season, his average is only 4.60 because of his carried over scores from 2015 at Edinburgh not being knocked off by his guest appearances before he signed on as a full time Rocket this year.

I fully agree with the second part of your post about there not being any three pointers around that will do much better than a two pointer, however retaining Branford has been received well pretty much universally by Rye fans, and rightly so in my opinion. In the second tier he is on a bargain average, while in the top league he is on an average he should hopefully be able to retain, which should be seen as a success given the high points limit that has been put into place.

I see Branford a few times at Lakeside, guesting against us, and he was good. The guy has got some serious potential. Let's hope he kicks on this season

• Like 1

Yes but I don't think I see him last season live. I may be wrong though. I only got to the Lynn home meetings and 2 away. When I have seen him live it's been mainly guesting the odd time in the el. Or guesting on the tv. maybe I've just not seen him at his best yet. I guess come march and April we will see. Was he your first choice with the points that were left? Do you think he will achieve a 5 point average in this league. At least it's a British registered rider being given a chance. For that I wish him well.

As with most riders at his level good equipment will have a big bearing on how competitive he is.

I see him as a Chris Harris type of rider - not afraid to get stuck in.

I think Rye's season could be defined by how Davey Watt returns to full time racing as a Davey from a few seasons ago will be very good.

Edited by GWC
  • Like 2

As with most riders at his level good equipment will have a big bearing on how competitive he is.

I see him as a Chris Harris type of rider - not afraid to get stuck in.

I think Rye's season could be defined by how Davey Watt returns to full time racing as a Davey from a few seasons ago will be very good.

If the top four all ride as they can it is the best top four in the division without question (even without seeing what some other sides are going to declare).

• Like 1

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE:

ONE MORE TIME: WHO’S NEXT?

The final piece of the BMR Rockets’ Premiership jigsaw will be announced at 9.30 on Monday morning.

The rider in question will join Edward Kennett, Scott Nicholls, Chris Harris, Davey Watt, Stuart Robson and Rob Branford in the Rockets’ top flight ranks for 2017.

I wonder if its just a coincidence that Connor Mountain has just been announced for Mildenhall and Rye's last rider is to be revealed on Monday.

I wonder if its just a coincidence that Connor Mountain has just been announced for Mildenhall and Rye's last rider is to be revealed on Monday.

I wonder if its just a coincidence that Connor Mountain has just been announced for Mildenhall and Rye's last rider is to be revealed on Monday.I wonder if its just a coincidence that Connor Mountain has just been announced for Mildenhall and Rye's last rider is to be revealed on Monday.

Connor signed for Ipswich as well, so can't see him doing all 3 leagues this season.

Jye Etheridge had a try out last year. Available on a 3 average , perhaps he is our man!!

Fantastic top 5 - the best in the league by far for 2017 - alas the Branford signing ! - hope your 7th rider can make things better.

Connor signed for Ipswich as well, so can't see him doing all 3 leagues this season.

Jye Etheridge had a try out last year. Available on a 3 average , perhaps he is our man!!

wouldnt Etheridge be on a 4 ...

wouldnt Etheridge be on a 4 ...

I'm not sure if it's a 3 (from 17 meetings surely should apply) or stays at 5 which is also listed as the average on the BSPA website.

Fantastic top 5 - the best in the league by far for 2017 - alas the Branford signing ! - hope your 7th rider can make things better.

I have a feeling Branford will surprise everyone being negative about him in some quarters.. He is a really good prospect. Not seen anyone else I would rather have at 6.

• Like 1