British Speedway Forum

I don't think that anyone doubts the Management's commitment to making Rye House one of the "go to" venues and they have proved this by building an exciting team with league winning potential but it is the implementation of the Stadium Improvements that causes concern. One look at what is happening there is enough to see that when completed it will be a good facility but progress has been painfully slow. Yesterday evening there was substantially less available spectator accommodation than at the last meeting last season. The lack of a Refs box opposite the Start/Finish line can be temporarily sorted by erecting one of those Access Towers and no doubt the stands on the third and forth bends can soon be erected from their trailers but to my untrained eye the banking on turns one and two still needs a fair bit of work. The other bone of contention, the Car Park is still full of potholes and there was a largish pool of water at the Stadium end.Hopefully the Off Track action will have been as Dynamic as the On Track stuff by the time BT Sport come to visit but it in my view it will take a minor miracle to have the place "ready" for Saturdays anticipated Large Crowd. I sincerely look forward to being proved wrong.

• Like 1

I take it you know Coventry's and Rye houses full line ups already then?? Yes thought not 😉

As it turned out in the end he was rather accurate don't you think? I do hope that the Bees do return to Brandon otherwise Gemini will have words with me

Was there any indication on rider order? Id go m

1. Kennett

2.Robson

3. Watt

4. Nicholls

5. Harris

6. Branford

7. Perks

• Like 1

1. Kennett

2.Robson

3. Watt

4. Nicholls

5. Harris

6. Branford

7. Perks

1, 6 & 7 are nailed on. I reckon you have the others spot on Edited by Shads

A bit off topic but could someone inform me whether dogs (the 4 legged variety) are allowed at Rye House?

A bit off topic but could someone inform me whether dogs (the 4 legged variety) are allowed at Rye House?

Only on practice days, not at meetings. That's from the promotion.

Anyone know why Perks is shown in greensheet averages as 2.32, when the original sheet for team building had him at 2.38, and on greensheets for Redcar he is 2.38??

If there is a reduction due surely it would apply in both leagues?

No problem, or issue at all, just wondered where the discrepancy arose.

1. Kennett

2.Robson

3. Watt

4. Nicholls

5. Harris

6. Branford

7. Perks

I'd put Nicholls at five as he's more reliable out of the traps than Bomber and the number five has three heats with a reserve partner.

A few photos from the Press and Practice as requested - pity only Scott and Bomber had the new suits - Rob resplendent in his new Sheffield one!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/147399630@N04/5c12RP

Someone told me ex rider Chris Johnson supplied the kevlars for Bomber & Scott. I understand he also provided Berwick with their race suits. Perhaps BMR should've bought British instead of trusting the Polish firm they're using. Six month waiting list I hear Edited by Shads

A few photos from the Press and Practice as requested - pity only Scott and Bomber had the new suits - Rob resplendent in his new Sheffield one!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/147399630@N04/5c12RP

Black race suits seems to be the in colour this year with a few clubs it.

Stadium looks like a bomb has hit it. Looking at the various videos doing the rounds on social media there seems to be no seating whatsoever.

It looks like a building site because it is, surely the fact that they underway with such a revamp can only be good. Seating was going in under the bar on Wednesday. It might not be finished but they are working on improving the things we read on here are needed to bring the sport up to date.

Surprised nobody mentioned the big track changes, bends 3&4 are now more banked 4 especially and combined with the off camber the other end having already gone should improve the racing a good deal I think.

• Like 2

It looks like a building site because it is, surely the fact that they underway with such a revamp can only be good. Seating was going in under the bar on Wednesday. It might not be finished but they are working on improving the things we read on here are needed to bring the sport up to date.

Surprised nobody mentioned the big track changes, bends 3&4 are now more banked 4 especially and combined with the off camber the other end having already gone should improve the racing a good deal I think.

Hope so, was ridiculous how Len Silver had it imo.

Just like to wish Warren Scott and Steve Jensen all the best for tonight and this season.

Its very brave and no little risky what they have done so lets hope it goes brilliantly.

Rye House 52 Wolverhampton 38