British Speedway Forum

If you axe watt and Robson i feel you may need to act early ..

Watt and Robson out

Ben Barker and Rory Schlein in

Thoughts?

Neither Davey or Robbo look on the pace for this league so far so I'm not sure what the promotion were expecting.

I think after this weeks round of matches we should get a better idea of their likely form.

If your losing to that Swindon side at home by 8 then your in trouble.

Watt is done at this level & I wouldn't have had Robbo back this season. Similar to Leigh Lanham last year, he's not going to be the rider he was ten years ago. Is just looking to stay out of harms way, score a few points and make a living. He's not going to put his body on the line anymore.

The Branford situation is a mess. Surely as he rode at Rye last season we should get priority? If he ends up missing half the fixtures you may as well write the season off already.

A lot of over the top predictions on this side before a wheel turned. Too many question marks against it. I wouldn't be confident the promotion would change the side and improve it. They didn't do it last year in the PL. Jenson & Schroeck don't seem to have much knowledge of riders.

The track was a joke in the second half of last season. No dirt & way too slick. The inside half of the track bare concrete & sounds like similar on Saturday. They need to invest in some new shale. If you provide a bare track for this side you will be in trouble as there isn't a gater in the side.

What with improved crowds, the last thing you want is results like Saturday. Kings Lynn could be very messy if they are in form.

If your losing to that Swindon side at home by 8 then your in trouble.

Watt is done at this level & I wouldn't have had Robbo back this season. Similar to Leigh Lanham last year, he's not going to be the rider he was ten years ago. Is just looking to stay out of harms way, score a few points and make a living. He's not going to put his body on the line anymore.

The Branford situation is a mess. Surely as he rode at Rye last season we should get priority? If he ends up missing half the fixtures you may as well write the season off already.

A lot of over the top predictions on this side before a wheel turned. Too many question marks against it. I wouldn't be confident the promotion would change the side and improve it. They didn't do it last year in the PL. Jenson & Schroeck don't seem to have much knowledge of riders.

The track was a joke in the second half of last season. No dirt & way too slick. The inside half of the track bare concrete & sounds like similar on Saturday. They need to invest in some new shale. If you provide a bare track for this side you will be in trouble as there isn't a gater in the side.

What with improved crowds, the last thing you want is results like Saturday. Kings Lynn could be very messy if they are in form.

There is a reason why Watt got dropped from two teams and Robson is just average now. I think a worry is that Harris is declining at a rapid rate.

This is team where 5 of the riders are at there peak and can only go backwards. Kennett can maintain, but the rest will drop off quite quickly.

With Watt and Robson you have 14.65 points to play with.

I would go and get Lewis Kerr after he is done with Poole= 5.98 He would be a great signing and will give it his all and knows lakeside so Rye will be easier.

Then i would get garrity with the remaining points. Kerr and Garrity will be better than Watt and Robson.

We need something to happen and fast we can't be prepared to sit back and watch this OAP side need some swap outs, also the track get someone in that can prepare the sodding thing properly.

Not sure about Watt but give Robbo some more time. It's only been two meetings for him and others have had a lot more time on the track. Riding at number two is always a unrewarding position to be in (in my opinion). He was one of the positives of last year and I did think he rode his hardest and not playing it safe.

Plus I don't think this league is that much harder than last year's premier. After the averages have changed might be a good move having him at 6?

NBJ is available. Robbo is a legend at Rye. Can't see them outing him. It's run more like a family than a sports team

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

The track needs sorting big time shads, sometimes I think the promoters overlook how important it is to have a decent surface for the team to race on.

The track needs sorting big time shads, sometimes I think the promoters overlook how important it is to have a decent surface for the team to race on.

THE most important part of the stadium. And there was me thinking it would be good for Saturday 😣

Agreed. I mentioned it in my post meeting rant. Track has always been slick, but now we have a team of racers. Give them something to race on.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

NBJ is available. Robbo is a legend at Rye. Can't see them outing him. It's run more like a family than a sports team

Fully agree thought of NBJ myself - yes I am sure that Robbo will get going ok

• Like 1

With Bomber, my own opinion is that if the track has a bit of dirt on, he'll be as good as anyone around Rye.

But if it's going to be slick, then it could be a season of struggle.

Even at Coventry, he could struggle if it was slick. And there were few better riders around Brandon than Bomber.

I hope I'm wrong, because as a home fan, there are few better sights than watching Bomber pick opposition riders off week in, week out.

• Like 1

NBJ would make us stronger straight away & is a rider who still has improvement in him. Bargain of an average.

• Like 2

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE: By CRAIG SAUL

:::::

BRANNY BOOST

The BMR Rockets have been boosted by an SCB verdict that they will have priority for the services of Rob Branford when fixture clashes arise with his SGB Championship club Sheffield. The decision means that Branford will ride for Rye in Thursday’s Knock-Out Cup return clash at Swindon as the Rockets aim to shock the Robins by pulling back an 8 point first leg deficit.
Said Team Manager Peter Schroeck, “We know the size of the challenge at Swindon on Thursday, but this gives us a fighting chance.
“Our other doubling-up rider, Ellis Perks, will be with us too, which means that we will have our full one-to-seven. We want to stay in this competition, and we are capable of pulling it back. Most of the boys are very familiar with the Blunsdon circuit, so we will get stuck in and give it our best shot.”
Edited by Guest

RYE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE: By CRAIG SAUL

::

PERKS REACHES U-21 FINAL

BMR Rocket Ellis Perks safely navigated his British U-21 Semi-Final round at Peterborough last night to qualify for the national final at Poole on Wednesday, April 26th.
The 2016 U-19 Silver winner could well have won the meeting, but a combination of a bike stoppage and a fall cost him 5 points in his first two rides and left him with a main focus of ensuring he made the cut. That he did with tread to spare by rattling off three straight victories from his remaining rides to ease through to the Big Night.
Result:
James Shanes 12, Zach Wajtknecht 12, Connor Mountain 12, Danny Phillips 11, Jack Smith 10, Ellis Perks 9, Nathan Greaves 9, Danyon Hume 9, Nathan Stoneman 8, Luke Harris 7 (all qualify), Josh Bailey 6, Danno Verge 5, Alfie Bowell 3, Kelsey Dugard 2, Jack Thomas 2, Jamie Halder 2, Kyle Bickley (res) 1
Seeded to the Final: Josh Bates, Robert Lambert, Adam Ellis, Liam Carr, Max Clegg and Daniel Bewley.
Edited by Guest