British Speedway Forum

....and in which heat!!!! Oh...oooppss!

ps. Great to hear that Ellis Perks is not as badly injured as first thought. No breaks but bad bruising etc. Hoping to be back for the Somerset meeting on 19th May.

Edited by Skidder1

I think some are being a bit harsh on Mr Schroeck as he appears to have built a really good team spirit and massively improved the interaction with fans. To me this outweighs the occasional poor tactical decision as long as he learns from the mistakes and doesn't keep repeating them.

• Like 1

I think some are being a bit harsh on Mr Schroeck as he appears to have built a really good team spirit and massively improved the interaction with fans. To me this outweighs the occasional poor tactical decision as long as he learns from the mistakes and doesn't keep repeating them.

Mr Schroeck was heavily criticised last season with regards to some bad decisions, he appears not to have learnt from them.

I was also at Poole and he did make some basic balls ups regarding the T/R and the R/R rides.

Why do I need to find a comment re Peter Schroeck? I did not make a comment in regard to him - that was by Chris who is another Poster. For my part I cannot see that Schroeck has done anything to cause concern in regard to his team management at Rye House. That's why I asked Chris for more comment on Schroeck's role in regard to the team.

Hob Nob seems to indicate there is criticism somewhere in regard to Schroeck - where is it?

And as for the comment from Panthers89 - what are you on about?

Been to many Rye House meetings recently?

Why do you use bold type and italics?

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

See allthegearbutnaeideas reply!

IMO your TR should be played as soon as possible where you have a strong chance of at least getting 6 points from it! That should have been in Heat 7!

He put Wells TR in heat 10 (against the unbeaten pairing of Morris and Holder) but I still personally would not have done that despite his reason of gate positions! Harris had a bucket load of speed in that bike and was more than capable of not running a last place :rolleyes:

Redcar website today is saying Ellis Perks will be out for around 10 days, that would rule him out for the meeting next Friday at Somerset and the home meeting the following day, let's hope he can recover quicker than that as we really need him in the team.

http://redcarbears.co/2017/05/13/news-update/

They say to win the league you not only need a good team but you need to meet opponents at the "right time"

Swindon in the cup - r/r for Ellis netting 17 points including a rides for the red hot Morris

Wolverhampton away - Schlein and Riss M for Skor and Cleggy was a massive upgrade, probably the decision that may give them another league title

Poole away - yep KK gets injured and its that Morris boy again

Somerset away - your joking, three out and three in

OK the jury is still out if Rye House can up their game to make a push for the title but we certainly seem to be at the wrong track at the wrong time

• Like 1

They say to win the league you not only need a good team but you need to meet opponents at the "right time"

Swindon in the cup - r/r for Ellis netting 17 points including a rides for the red hot Morris

Wolverhampton away - Schlein and Riss M for Skor and Cleggy was a massive upgrade, probably the decision that may give them another league title

Poole away - yep KK gets injured and its that Morris boy again

Somerset away - your joking, three out and three in

OK the jury is still out if Rye House can up their game to make a push for the title but we certainly seem to be at the wrong track at the wrong time

To be fair I think you've rode above what I expected but the dust bowl and narrow track should be a fortress. Just can't see your promoter bringing in riders who could win a title 😥😥😳

To be fair I think you've rode above what I expected but the dust bowl and narrow track should be a fortress. Just can't see your promoter bringing in riders who could win a title 😥😥😳

Is narrow track similar to longtrack?

Edited by Ben91

I noted Tonga's remarks about the Rye House track, "dusty and narrow". I thought that the new promotion had made big track improvements.

Is this not the case ? It's said that the adverse camber on the 1st bend has gone which I believe has been achieved by bringing in the air fence

to the top of the banking, so maybe that is what Tonga means by "narrow". Must make a visit soon and see for myself...