British Speedway Forum

well said glad to see I wasn't the only person to see what was going on at KL - the writing was on the wall then (also noted he packed his things into van and did not even watch heat 15. There is a lot more to this story than people realise (even going back to last season after the Scunthorpe away match) - just how many chances do you give to someone?

Interesting comments from Startline Sid who I have always found a sensible and balanced person.

I missed the Kings Lynn situation but at Swindon he ran in two pathetic last places then decided to come from last to first whooping Nick Morris in the process, then produced another tailed off at the back race. Immediately we went to the pits where my friend was going to offer him a sizable cheque to score double figures away from home but he was packed up and gone and thats the captain, also Batchelor (guest not team member) was still having his photo taken with fans.

You mean like at Kings Lynn when Rob Branford obviously had machine issues ? Scott and Bomber were helping him try to sort it during the whole meeting, whilst the 100% team man and skipper just sat in his chair in the corner ?

Last year there were all kinds of rumours flying around that there would be no speedway at Rye House this year. Not only have we got speedway, we are now in the top league and we have Bomber riding for us. Crowds are way up, remember the final years of Lens reign ?

Yes, BMR are new to the game, mistakes will be made, but just go back a year or three. I will take what we have any day of the week.

Wasn't keen on the new colours, but they've grown on me over the last year. Black & silver/grey are my favourite colours which helps.

Apart from injuries and riders deciding to pack up, team changes under the previous regime were as rare as a Kasper Lykke gate.

Supporters taken for granted and who can forget the previous promoter basically telling anyone who didn't like the way he did things to p*ss off!

Edited by Shads

I reckon black and yellow are your favourite colours now shads!

I know what you're getting at!

I'll be popping along to a few Bandits home meetings (better than nothing... just!), proudly wearing my Rye House colours. Shame they couldn't produce a decent cap though. The only one available has BMR on it, no mention of Rye House, or Rockets. I understand the promotion are keen to promote their brand, but that's not for me. For now I'll be wearing my battered old faded blue & yellow Rye House Rockets cap.

Come on BMR, give us a proper cap to complete my BMR Rye House Rockets wardrobe.

Oh, by the way it's not black & yellow, it's black and gold 😉

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Rye website informative as usual, no mention of how Justin Sedgeman is after his tumble on Monday.

• Like 1

According to his own website, he misses Saturday.

Sedgmen didn't ride for Ipswich tonight concussion after last Mondays crash. No update on Rob Branford either.

• Like 1

I'll be popping along to a few Bandits home meetings (better than nothing... just!), proudly wearing my Rye House colours. Shame they couldn't produce a decent cap though. The only one available has BMR on it, no mention of Rye House, or Rockets. I understand the promotion are keen to promote their brand, but that's not for me. For now I'll be wearing my battered old faded blue & yellow Rye House Rockets cap.

Come on BMR, give us a proper cap to complete my BMR Rye House Rockets wardrobe.

I expect they are trying to gradually change the name to Team BMR. Then the BSPA will require them to keep a geographical name and they'll compromise on Rye House Team BMR.

I see from the Rye website that after this Saturday's meeting against Wolves we now only have one more Saturday meeting left which is against Swindon on 5th August as the 29th July against Kings Lynn has been re-arranged to Wednesday 9th August, all the other home meetings are Wednesdays and one on Bank Holiday Monday. I wonder if the crowds will now drop off a bit as most people seems to prefer Saturdays due to work committments etc. during the week. I have looked through both teams fixture lists and cannot see a re-arranged date for the rained off Premiership meeting earlier in the season against Swindon (unless someone on here can pick up where I might have missed the fixture) I wonder why that meeting cannot be slotted into the 29th.

http://www.ryehouserockets.co/news.php?extend.1450

Sheffield thread suggesting Branford is out for the rest of the season....

I see from the Rye website that after this Saturday's meeting against Wolves we now only have one more Saturday meeting left which is against Swindon on 5th August as the 29th July against Kings Lynn has been re-arranged to Wednesday 9th August, all the other home meetings are Wednesdays and one on Bank Holiday Monday. I wonder if the crowds will now drop off a bit as most people seems to prefer Saturdays due to work committments etc. during the week. I have looked through both teams fixture lists and cannot see a re-arranged date for the rained off Premiership meeting earlier in the season against Swindon (unless someone on here can pick up where I might have missed the fixture) I wonder why that meeting cannot be slotted into the 29th.

http://www.ryehouserockets.co/news.php?extend.1450

Four consecutive Saturdays in April, then just three more in the whole season. Joining the 'elite' has its price. I just hope people haven't found better things to do.

• Like 1

Sheffield thread suggesting Branford is out for the rest of the season....

Adam Roynon...

id imagine its Danny Ayres

Four consecutive Saturdays in April, then just three more in the whole season. Joining the 'elite' has its price. I just hope people haven't found better things to do.

I have.

Crowds have stayed pretty good tho right Rob? (Genuine question, Im only going by YouTube Clips)

Crowds have stayed pretty good tho right Rob? (Genuine question, Im only going by YouTube Clips)

They appear to have so far, and I hope they do. I have no axe to grind with this promotion but I am concerned at their naivety when it comes to the sport. I'm sure they know business and other sport thoroughly.

I still care about the old place and was looking forward to making the odd trip over from the West Country since the promotional change but personal circumstances won't allow.

There have only been three home meetings since that opening flurry in April so it is still early days, but this must be the most disjointed fixture list since the training track challenge days pre-1974. People do find other things to do.

We had our problems in the 90s but at least you knew we would be there almost every Sunday, well, as long as Ron could fend off the bank manager on the Monday morning.

To an outsider like BMR the priority was to get into the top league. There have to be question marks on whether Rye House is the right place, but if the facilities are being upgraded and with the abject lack of other first or second tier tracks in the London area they have a large market to draw on.

I just hope this fixture list doesn't wreck it all.

I will always miss the blue and gold....All that's left of Rayleigh now is the rocket :cry:

Edited by Rob McCaffery