British Speedway Forum

Nikolaj B Jakobsen signed for Berwick to replace Bridger/Jacobs, whats everyone's thoughts on him? Seems a decent rider around Shielfield park but how was he on the away tracks in the Championship?

Nikolaj B Jakobsen signed for Berwick to replace Bridger/Jacobs, whats everyone's thoughts on him? Seems a decent rider around Shielfield park but how was he on the away tracks in the Championship?

We should have kept him last season. Looked the real deal in his season with us in 2015, almost achieved his assessed seven point average that year which isn't heard of very much.

We should have tried to find a way to accommodate him this season too at the start and with the averages changing from today seeing some riders dropping more points from their averages we should have tried to find a way to get him in the team if he was available to come over and race for a Saturday night track.

Nikolaj B Jakobsen signed for Berwick to replace Bridger/Jacobs, whats everyone's thoughts on him? Seems a decent rider around Shielfield park but how was he on

the away tracks in the Championship?

He will be a fantastic signing, spectacular rider, will do well in the championship, not just at home.

We should have kept him last season. Looked the real deal in his season with us in 2015, almost achieved his assessed seven point average that year which isn't heard of very much.

We should have tried to find a way to accommodate him this season too at the start and with the averages changing from today seeing some riders dropping more points from their averages we should have tried to find a way to get him in the team if he was available to come over and race for a Saturday night track.

Out of the remaining six scheduled home meetings only one is on a Saturday, four on a Wednesday and one Bank holiday Monday so Saturday night track has sadly become a misnomer.

Never thought I would say this but I'm now tired of the so called Premier league as a competition and the old comments

about the previous Elite league are true that there are just not enough fixtures and veriety of teams.

At least we had pretty much Saturday speedway in the old Premier but not any more and to me that is more important

than the teams strenghth and play off challenge.

• Like 3

Niels-Kristian Iversen 9.04

Matej Zagar 7.48

Peter Kildemand 7.10

Tai Woffinden 7.03

Antonio Lindback 7.00

Two Pointer 2.00

Two Pointer 2.00

Total: 41.65

If that's the policy it is a bad one when looking to win the top division title. There are certain riders to avoid of course that are based abroad but if handled right (like we did when we had Linus originally) then it can work.

Agree with the bottom part.

We had Linus & NBJ as young riders looking to make a name for themselves. We also had Ekberg who although I think had raced in UK before, was a fantastic signing for the club. It's about building up a knowledge of riders and contacts in the speedway world.

Out of the remaining six scheduled home meetings only one is on a Saturday, four on a Wednesday and one Bank holiday Monday so Saturday night track has sadly become a misnomer.

there is still the 2nd home league fixture against swindon to arrange. Why not run it on a Saturday night for a change.

The lack of consistency of meetings is a real bugbear. I attended a couple of meetings early doors this season and thought I had the bug back. The disjointed nature of fixtures however soon made me realise why I began to fall out of love with the sport.

While it was quite obvious to the fans that the rebranding of the leagues was no more than mutton being dressed as lamb there was some small cause for hope. But we have the same issues as before. Doubling up in abundance, fixture clashes, suspect rain offs, weeks between meetings, rules being introduced during the season (the revised points limit), the list goes on. It is the 'Elite' League in all but name in reality.

Next season we need two things for a start at Rye House, meetings on one set night of the week (ideally across the whole division) and the return of the Raiders side to fill weeks where there is no Rockets fixture.

Doubling up needs to be scrapped, if the riders can't make the sport pay without having two teams it is tough, they'll have to take up jobs outside of the sport. That is a time when we need to look at Speedway in this country as a whole and say it isn't a professional sport anymore, maybe one day it can be again but nobody is owed a living from it. There will always be riders to fill team spots, there won't always be fans to watch if things carry on the way they are going IMO.

Rant over. Not aimed at you Oafski, just general thoughts!

Agree with the bottom part.

We had Linus & NBJ as young riders looking to make a name for themselves. We also had Ekberg who although I think had raced in UK before, was a fantastic signing for the club. It's about building up a knowledge of riders and contacts in the speedway world.

Ekberg's signing won us the league in 2007 undoubtedly. Signed as an injury replacement after Ray Morton and Robbie Kessler had tried to fill Robbo's boots and fallen far short of the mark.

Edited by Ben91
  • Like 3

Never thought I would say this but I'm now tired of the so called Premier league as a competition and the old comments

about the previous Elite league are true that there are just not enough fixtures and veriety of teams.

At least we had pretty much Saturday speedway in the old Premier but not any more and to me that is more important

than the teams strenghth and play off challenge.

Lack of meetings is not the problem, as it's not far off being any different to the old Premier League. It's the way the fixtures are scheduled that is the problem!

• Like 1

Lykke is heading your way I heard

Lovely Guy and fast once he is underway. But he gives everybody else a couple of metres start in each race. If we could mix Ben Morleys starts to Kaspers speed, then he would be and ideal candidate for a reserve berth in the Premiership.

• Like 1

Totally agree with bolly, should make a good pairing with Robbo.

Reaction time is something that can be worked on.

If it turns out to be correct any thoughts on who he will be replacing

It'd be a straight swap for Branford I'd guess. Better than signing Morley but can't gate for toffee.

I do hope its not Lykke, he makes Chris Harris look like a gating demon! Wont get away with that in this league..