British Speedway Forum

Would have been a massive gatecrash if we had made the play-offs. KK becoming available and signing meant we didn't finish near the bottom.

The promotion have shown they're not afraid to make changes in the hunt for success.

On to next year. Linus Sundstrom top of the shopping list please.

• Like 2

Only have ourselves to blame. Not winning at a depleted Leicester on 12th August was the difference in the end. Should have been a 4 pointer with KK at reserve, but crap choice of guest didn't help. Poole winning at Somerset a week later shows how poor Ryes performance was there.

Rye simply haven't been good enough away from home all season with a lack of heat wins the real problem. Harris and Nicholls have to carry the burden for that,

Lahti dropped to reserve at just the right time for Poole.

A shame as the current home form meant we would have given any of the top 3 a problem over two legs.

good to see such a happy post again - notice you only post when things are not quite as you want them - thought I may have seen you on here full of praise after the tv match last week (there are even supporters of other teams on here praising our management) why blame Harris and Nicholls i thought they were great to watch - I also have a feeling that you don't go to many away matches as some of your comments about our form seem to indicate that. Still never mind there is always next year when you can have a another good moan about whoever is riding for us.

• Like 5

Just like to say thank you to all at Rye.

To the ground staff, Stuarts, girls behind the bars (fish included), riders and most importantly Steve and Warren.

Thanks for a great season and hope next year will be just as exciting.

• Like 4

Enjoyed my trip to rye. You have had a decent season. And you will for sure improve next year.

You have tasted the too league Now, you would have learnt from it and next year if go out an say you will be the biggest threat to the so called big 4

Has the season of racing finished at Rye House for this year, are they going to race the Ace of Herts meeting, or have they arranged a couple of challenge meetings to finish off 2017, would be a shame if their season of racing is over by the first week in September.

Was it announced who was Mr Rocket for 2017 and how much was collected for the Speedway Benelovent Fund?

The shortest season at Rye House since the Rockets moved in in 1974. I do hope that quality compensated for quantity.

(Still care about the old place and Rayleigh Rockets will always be my team).

I don't understand why the Ben fund collection was on the last home meeting of the season, with the smallest crowd of the year also !! Would of been better done at the tv meeting surly.

good to see such a happy post again - notice you only post when things are not quite as you want them - thought I may have seen you on here full of praise after the tv match last week (there are even supporters of other teams on here praising our management) why blame Harris and Nicholls i thought they were great to watch - I also have a feeling that you don't go to many away matches as some of your comments about our form seem to indicate that. Still never mind there is always next year when you can have a another good moan about whoever is riding for us.

Calm down Sidney, you'll cause yourself a mischief at your age.

Your retired & live in a camper van. I'm not retired or live in a camper van so can't travel round the country when I want.

The fact is the objective of the season has not been met. Many on here had Rye down as one of the favourites pre season & we were nowhere near the top. I'm not going to start lavishing praise after a 5th place finish & out of the KO cup in round one.

I'm incredulous to see that many want the same team back next year. Absurd. They weren't good enough this year & with the veterans in the side a year older then where's the improvement?

Would only have Harris & KK back next year.

I think the season has been a vast improvement on the dross we have endured over the last few years.

Now you can enjoy your six month close season.

This season was always going to be a learning curve, but by the end of the season, we had a team that would have scared the hell out of any of the other three in the playoffs, in fact, I would go as far as to say, that by the end, we probably had the best team in the league. Its always a matter of opinion, but I would say that its this reason, that most fans would be happy to have the same team back next year.

• Like 4

This season was always going to be a learning curve, but by the end of the season, we had a team that would have scared the hell out of any of the other three in the playoffs, in fact, I would go as far as to say, that by the end, we probably had the best team in the league. Its always a matter of opinion, but I would say that its this reason, that most fans would be happy to have the same team back next year.

I agree about the play offs,as a Wolves fan I was aware that you were a danger if you qualified, for other reasons I'm glad you didn't, the thought of KK been seen as a saviour/ hero would be too much to stomach, you're problem now is you think he will be your trump card next season where as in reality he will just return to type