British Speedway Forum

I don't understand why the Ben fund collection was on the last home meeting of the season, with the smallest crowd of the year also !! Would of been better done at the tv meeting surly.

Doubt BT would want a 20 minute delay while the riders went around the crowd collecting donations

Too many counter attractions on last night. England and speedway on TV, and a lot of neutral rye regulars like myself went to Kent.

I agree about the play offs,as a Wolves fan I was aware that you were a danger if you qualified, for other reasons I'm glad you didn't, the thought of KK been seen as a saviour/ hero would be too much to stomach, you're problem now is you think he will be your trump card next season where as in reality he will just return to type

On a six point average he is still more likely to put points on than drop them. Especially if he starts as a second string.

On that sort of average he has to be in. Careful planning needs to be done to stop any clashes with KK SEC fixtures and Chris's Long track commitments,that's if we do run Saturday fixtures. Wonder if Branford will be back next year. To me he badly let us down at the beginning of the season, maybe he rode too much with the injury he had.

I agree about the play offs,as a Wolves fan I was aware that you were a danger if you qualified, for other reasons I'm glad you didn't, the thought of KK been seen as a saviour/ hero would be too much to stomach, you're problem now is you think he will be your trump card next season where as in reality he will just return to type

Return to type? 7 to 8 point man? Shocking.

Take a look at KKs averages the last 10 or so season, he has good year, bad year, good year, bad year. This year was a bad year, next year he's due a good one. It almost seems to silly to suggest it but it's true. I'll go with KK averaging 8+ in 2018, so on a 6.x average it's a no brainer to have him. Put him with Harris and have them at 1 and 5 and you have a great pairing in heat 13 and 15 too as they work so well together.

As for the rest the Rockets have a few decent choices, I'm no Kennett fan but on that average, as 3rd heat leader/second string around Rye House, well you can't say no can you? Nicholls? Well you know what you're getting, it's not an average increase but it's 100% effort and a great captain/man in the pits. A guy who has been there and done it. Robbo is the odd one, well liked but really not a very good signing as he's going one way and theres plenty of better options but do you really get rid of a guy who is so well loved and is almost Mr Rye House. Barker and Wells are rider you have back if they fit, personally wouldn't pick either as first choice.

On that sort of average he has to be in. Careful planning needs to be done to stop any clashes with KK SEC fixtures and Chris's Long track commitments,that's if we do run Saturday fixtures. Wonder if Branford will be back next year. To me he badly let us down at the beginning of the season, maybe he rode too much with the injury he had.

My gut feeling is that the BMR promotion are gradually moving away from Saturday fixtures.

On a six point average he is still more likely to put points on than drop them. Especially if he starts as a second string.

Totally agree.Would be first on my team sheet on a 6 if Rye can afford him.

This season was always going to be a learning curve, but by the end of the season, we had a team that would have scared the hell out of any of the other three in the playoffs, in fact, I would go as far as to say, that by the end, we probably had the best team in the league. Its always a matter of opinion, but I would say that its this reason, that most fans would be happy to have the same team back next year.

It was nice to see Rye step up, as more teams were needed. But that comment is probably stretching it to be honest.

This season was always going to be a learning curve, but by the end of the season, we had a team that would have scared the hell out of any of the other three in the playoffs, in fact, I would go as far as to say, that by the end, we probably had the best team in the league. Its always a matter of opinion, but I would say that its this reason, that most fans would be happy to have the same team back next year.

Hmmmm.... not sure about that. Still some questionable away performances.