Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

I expect Steve got told by someone rather than actually speaking to him.

It's amazing he never said something before today because he doesn't usually keep a secret too long

I know an awful lot of things but if its told in confidence it stays there.

I did mention Kennett to Rye weeks ago on one of the threads. Wasn't told in confidence just in passing.

Here it is.

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=82888&page=2&do=findComment&comment=2865598

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I know an awful lot of things but if its told in confidence it stays there.

I did mention Kennett to Rye weeks ago on one of the threads. Wasn't told in confidence just in passing.

Here it is.

http://www.speedway-forum.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=82888&page=2&do=findComment&comment=2865598

He's a Rye asset and said if doubling up wasn't allowed in 2017 he'd be back at Rye so it wouldn't be a surprise.

I wonder if Kev Smith Mark Fiala and Kelvin Marlarkey will make comebacks ... :t::D

Who is this Mark Fiala? Karl's brother? Not forgetting 'Mr Rye House' Bobby Garrad. :)

• Like 1

WARNING TO THE RYE TEAM PLANNERS

Last year top and second string Elite riders both had false averages. The reason being the race format if you were a heat leader you faced fellow heat leaders nearly all evening, if you were a second string you faced second string or reserves nearly all evening. The net result through up these examples:

Matej Zagar8.06

Hans Andersen

WARNING TO THE RYE HOUSE TEAM PLANNERS

Last year top and second string Elite riders both had false averages. The reason being the race format was if you were a heat leader you faced fellow heat leaders nearly all evening, if you were a second string you faced second string or reserves nearly all evening. The net result are some strange averages such as these examples:

Matej Zagar 8.06

Hans Andersen 8.04

Chris Harris 7.77

Patrick Hougaard 6.44

--------

Sam Masters 7.76

Kyle Newman 7.51

Steve Worrall 7.11

Adam Ellis 6.93

--------

Now remember the race format is changing as I understand to the Premier League format, in short an easier race card for heat leaders (thus undervalued average) and a tougher race card for second strings (thus overvalued average)

So the question is, are the two teams above similar in strength or not?

But any riders who also rode in the PL will use their PL averages in SGBPREM (what a mouthful!) ....

Last year top and second string Elite riders both had false averages. The reason being the race format if you were a heat leader you faced fellow heat leaders nearly all evening, if you were a second string you faced second string or reserves nearly all evening. The net result through up these examples:

Matej Zagar8.06

Hans Andersen

Last year top and second string Elite riders both had false averages. The reason being the race format was if you were a heat leader you faced fellow heat leaders nearly all evening, if you were a second string you faced second string or reserves nearly all evening. The net result are some strange averages such as these examples:

Matej Zagar 8.06

Hans Andersen 8.04

Chris Harris 7.77

Patrick Hougaard 6.44

--------

Sam Masters 7.76

Kyle Newman 7.51

Steve Worrall 7.11

Adam Ellis 6.93

--------

Now remember the race format is changing as I understand to the Premier League format, in short an easier race card for heat leaders (thus undervalued average) and a tougher race card for second strings (thus overvalued average)

As the top team will cost 4 times as much and be missing most Saturdays - I really hope no team try that kind of line up!

I shall be coming to Rye now after what's happened to Lakeside. Never been before so quite looking forward to going.

• Like 1

Matej Zagar8.06

Hans Andersen

Matej Zagar 8.06

Hans Andersen 8.04

Chris Harris 7.77

Patrick Hougaard 6.44

--------

Sam Masters 7.76

Kyle Newman 7.51

Steve Worrall 7.11

Adam Ellis 6.93

--------

Those averages aren't right for a start, EL only averages are x1.4.

Zagar 10.48

Andersen 10.01

Harris 10.11

Hougaard 8.71

Total: 39.31

And riders with a PL average use their PL average:

Masters 8.88

Newman 6.31

S. Worrall 8.51

Ellis 7.84 (EL conversion, no PL ave in 2016)

Total: 31.54

For Ellis' sake I hope he is given a more realistic average as he is currently saddled with a high average due to not riding PL in 2016 and the race format formerly used in the EL. Those figures could change slightly when the final green sheets are released also.

Edited by Ben91

This really looks tough on Ellis,but how can you change the rule for one rider..Are there any others effected in the same way ?

Adam attained his average fair & square so should be on that average.

The days of special averages need to be a thing of the past.

This really looks tough on Ellis,but how can you change the rule for one rider..Are there any others effected in the same way ?

Only Ellis as far as I can see. He has a PL average from 2014 but that would probably be unrealistically low.

Adam attained his average fair & square so should be on that average.

The days of special averages need to be a thing of the past.

The EL averages since the fast track draft was introduced and the protected reserve heats that came with it have been a farce. So yes, he attained the average fair and square but it was the result of a stupid system.

• Like 1

I wonder if Kev Smith Mark Fiala and Kelvin Marlarkey will make comebacks ... :t::D

Im guessing Mark Fiala is Karl's brother and who is Kelvin Marlarkey?? I remember Kelvin Mullarkey though.

I used to go Rye House in the early 80's. Bobby Garrard, Steve Naylor, Andy Hines, Marvyn Cox, Steve Bryenton, Kevin Bowen and then a young 16 year old Andrew Silver coming through. Also with the big hoo-hah with Jens Rasmussen being the first foreign rider allowed in the league.

Does anyone remember an Aussie that rode there called Kerry Grey??

My uncle used to take a family to speedway and one of them who was 22 started dating Kerry and he turned up christmas day at my uncles place with her!

Anyway i dont go Rye much these days (used to enjoy the Sunday afternoons over there) but i wish them every success in their new adventure

Im guessing Mark Fiala is Karl's brother and who is Kelvin Marlarkey?? I remember Kelvin Mullarkey though.

I used to go Rye House in the early 80's. Bobby Garrard, Steve Naylor, Andy Hines, Marvyn Cox, Steve Bryenton, Kevin Bowen and then a young 16 year old Andrew Silver coming through. Also with the big hoo-hah with Jens Rasmussen being the first foreign rider allowed in the league.

Does anyone remember an Aussie that rode there called Kerry Grey??

My uncle used to take a family to speedway and one of them who was 22 started dating Kerry and he turned up christmas day at my uncles place with her!

Anyway i dont go Rye much these days (used to enjoy the Sunday afternoons over there) but i wish them every success in their new adventure

andy fines!!!

I shall be coming to Rye now after what's happened to Lakeside. Never been before so quite looking forward to going.

Me too.

Far simpler to get to than my previous local of Lakeside even from deep South London where i live. Wont miss the traffic shenanigans every week.

Couple of quick trains too, so no problem going on public transport and having a beer or two after.

• Like 1