British Speedway Forum

Who's Buzz and when do the final greensheet averages come out?

• Like 1

Sorry Gavan, I think I read in the Speedway Star Kerry Grey passed away very recently. Bye the way probably one of the fasted gaters Rye have ever had.

Regarding the averages, obviously I miss understood the new calculations (don't they make life easy for the fan) as my mensa application form is still in the post

How about something like:

Hans Andersen (10.01)
Kim Nilsson (9.63)
Kennett (9.27)
Robson (7.09)
K Lykke Nielsen (5.16)
Branford (4.60)
Morley (3.85)
  • Like 1

Me too.

Far simpler to get to than my previous local of Lakeside even from deep South London where i live. Wont miss the traffic shenanigans every week.

Couple of quick trains too, so no problem going on public transport and having a beer or two after.

Rye are lucky to have a rail station bang on the doorstep and a pretty decent pub right next to the stadium Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

Hans Andersen (10.01)
Kim Nilsson (9.63)
Kennett (9.27)
Robson (7.09)
K Lykke Nielsen (5.16)
Branford (4.60)
Morley (3.85)

Not bad although I wouldn't have Kasper as it appears that he will never be able to make starts. The biggest stumbling block could be Andersen. Under the new Polish rules if he rides in the Extraleague he can only compete in his own country and one other - Sweden I expect.

Rye are lucky to have a rail station bang on the doorstep and a pretty decent pub right next to the stadium

Indeed. Have been slaughtered both in there and the track bar too. Nice little setup all round.

Indeed. Have been slaughtered both in there and the track bar too. Nice little setup all round.

They demolished the lower bar. We used to stop by for a drink or two after the meetings, but there's only the bar at the top of the main stand which I've never been a fan of, so we don't bother. Edited by Shads

Not bad although I wouldn't have Kasper as it appears that he will never be able to make starts. The biggest stumbling block could be Andersen. Under the new Polish rules if he rides in the Extraleague he can only compete in his own country and one other - Sweden I expect.

Andersen doesn't ride in the Polish Extraliga!! A bit like Harris, Nicholls and a few others

Always liked my visits to Rye. First visit would of been in 1985 many things having changed since then but with the pub and good public transport links most tracks dream of I might have to force myself to visit Rye again in the top tier.

Earlier I was joking about Buzz (Krzysztof Buczkowski) and only wish for the best to the Rockets next season

Hans Andersen (10.01)
Kim Nilsson (9.63)
Kennett (9.27)
Robson (7.09)
K Lykke Nielsen (5.16)
Branford (4.60)
Morley (3.85)

Five of the side that were so poor in the 2016 Premier League is a no go for me. Don't see the attraction of Kim Nilsson either, especially on that average.

Just because we can sign a 'world class' rider, it doesn't mean we should do so. The team should be made up to win the league. I think signing riders on averages they have no chance of achieving could be the undoing of many teams. Eddie's 9.27 doesn't look that attractive to me but I expect him to sign on and if so I think it should be as number one. If we could sign a Schlein, Batchelor or even Watt (although I'm not wanting to have too many Lakeside connections) as back up to Eddie that wouldn't be a bad thing. If there was any chance of brining in Sam Masters I'd also take it.

I still think Branford should be in the side, preferably as the seventh averaged rider. NBJ and Robbo should be under consideration as well, though realistically I think there's only room for one of them if the team is to be competitive. Kasper and Lanham were no goes for me in the Premier League, Heeps and Morley would have been in the team in the second division but I don't think either is to a standard to take a place in the top league just yet. Both will probably be highly sought after in the Championship on their current averages though.

Agree, Handy rail station next door to the Stadium, Nice pub too, is it still called the Rye House, by the way are they still doing the fish and chips at the stadium.

Agree, Handy rail station next door to the Stadium, Nice pub too, is it still called the Rye House, by the way are they still doing the fish and chips at the stadium.

It's cardboard and chips these days I am afraid. Used love my fish and chips there before the meetings, but it really seemed to go downhill a couple of years ago so I gave up having them .

• Like 1

I wouldn't touch Andersen with a barge-pole, you don't need that hassle. Kennett, Nilsson & Nicholls I would go for as your top 3.

Five of the side that were so poor in the 2016 Premier League is a no go for me. Don't see the attraction of Kim Nilsson either, especially on that average.

Just because we can sign a 'world class' rider, it doesn't mean we should do so. The team should be made up to win the league. I think signing riders on averages they have no chance of achieving could be the undoing of many teams. Eddie's 9.27 doesn't look that attractive to me but I expect him to sign on and if so I think it should be as number one. If we could sign a Schlein, Batchelor or even Watt (although I'm not wanting to have too many Lakeside connections) as back up to Eddie that wouldn't be a bad thing. If there was any chance of brining in Sam Masters I'd also take it.

I still think Branford should be in the side, preferably as the seventh averaged rider. NBJ and Robbo should be under consideration as well, though realistically I think there's only room for one of them if the team is to be competitive. Kasper and Lanham were no goes for me in the Premier League, Heeps and Morley would have been in the team in the second division but I don't think either is to a standard to take a place in the top league just yet. Both will probably be highly sought after in the Championship on their current averages though.

Eddie Kennett at number 1 - a good start to building a team to win the league -Not!

Hans Andersen (10.01)

Kim Nilsson (9.63)

Kennett (9.27)

Robson (7.09)

K Lykke Nielsen (5.16)

Branford (4.60)

Morley (3.85)

Maybe worth a fiver