British Speedway Forum

Not sure what the total points tally is for the Rebels team, but perhaps there is not to much room to maneuver at present, except a "like for like " change, so probably best to see how the first few matches pan out and decide when the first set of new averages are out in mid April. Am sure your man will get it right.

I think a few clubs will be looking at the new averages and performances of individual riders when the listings are published in April and May.

Agree, I think it could be a bit of a "bun fight" when the first set of revised averages are known in April, so hopefully all the Coventry riders, especially the English lads will get team places then.

• Like 4

I am sure someone said that once the new green sheets are released you can only build to 42 points and not 50, which wont give much room for improvement. If correct, this could make for a very long season if you initial 1-7 don't perform.

I am sure someone said that once the new green sheets are released you can only build to 42 points and not 50, which wont give much room for improvement. If correct, this could make for a very long season if you initial 1-7 don't perform.

The room for improvement up to 42 points will come from the averages earned under a race format which does not have races that have produced false averages for some riders last year. Some teams will find their average drops.

The room for improvement up to 42 points will come from the averages earned under a race format which does not have races that have produced false averages for some riders last year. Some teams will find their average drops.

So you have to lose 8 points from your teams starting GSA , therefore to make a meaningful team change (say bring in a heat leader for a 2nd string) you need your combined team average to be around 38 points ! mmmmm we will see

Is there anyone out there who has a rule book and can tell us ordinary folk, what the definitive rules are about the GSA`s and max points for teams in April, May and thereafter ?

So you have to lose 8 points from your teams starting GSA , therefore to make a meaningful team change (say bring in a heat leader for a 2nd string) you need your combined team average to be around 38 points ! mmmmm we will see

Even the team that wins the league, their total team average will drop I'd imagine. Somerset won the league last year and whilst I can't remember the exact figure our team ended on about 47.50 or so.

The points limit previously has been 42.50 because that's the average figure every team should be on after 15 heats of speedway. All this about teams won't be able to make changes is nothing short of rubbish. It'll be no different to how it's always been as everyone will then achieve their correct figure and not an inflated one.

Graversen signing, is a strange one. Did not ride at all last season, and his record at Oak Tree is nothing to write home about. Any Rebels fans know why he was signed, Garry May is normally very astute when it comes to team selection.

Graversen signing, is a strange one. Did not ride at all last season, and his record at Oak Tree is nothing to write home about. Any Rebels fans know why he was signed, Garry May is normally very astute when it comes to team selection.

Think you may have answered your own question "Garry May is normally very astute"

Edited by idh
  • Like 3

Maybe was the best available on that average?

• Like 2

If you listen carefully, you might find the answer to that question here: https://youtu.be/tbol_PJLWD0?t=9m23s

Edited by womble53
  • Like 1

I see Sam Masters is now a Monarch's asset here. Was he ours before the move or had he long since departed? Seems to have got his mature head on since being sacked, thank goodness. Never destined to be a Rebel again though.

I see Sam Masters is now a Monarch's asset here. Was he ours before the move or had he long since departed? Seems to have got his mature head on since being sacked, thank goodness. Never destined to be a Rebel again though.

I believe he was still ours - Although happy to stand corrected on that.

• Like 2