Cook/ Fricke

Holder/ Lambert

Nilsson/ Wolbert

Kasprzak/ Kurtz

Tungate/ Hougaard

Doyle/ Morris

Lindgren/ Thorssell

Add probably Kennett/ Harris

That looks a great lineup with only Nilsson, Kasprzak, Lindgren and Thorssell which haven't ridden competitively at the OTA which I can't see being a problem for good riders like them. I can't say a favourite as each has their flaws and pros. Wouldn't count Tungy and Hougaard out either, Tungate is a different rider at the oak tree and Hougaard will be desperate to show what he can do.

Kim Nilsson has ridden twice competitively at the OTA scoring 5 & 12 points respectively when he was with Newport.

• Like 1

So far you have

Cook/ Fricke

Holder/ Lambert

Nilsson/ Wolbert

Kasprzak/ Kurtz

Tungate/ Hougaard

Doyle/ Morris

Lindgren/ Thorssell

That looks a great lineup with only Nilsson, Kasprzak, Lindgren and Thorssell which haven't ridden competitively at the OTA which I can't see being a problem for good riders like them. I can't say a favourite as each has their flaws and pros. Wouldn't count Tungy and Hougaard out either, Tungate is a different rider at the oak tree and Hougaard will be desperate to show what he can do.

Nilsson has raced there for Newport.

Good luck with the Pairs on the 31st.

Unfortunately , I am in Herenveen for the Ice Speedway that weekend .... otherwise I would be there.

So far you have

Cook/ Fricke

Holder/ Lambert

Nilsson/ Wolbert

Kasprzak/ Kurtz

Tungate/ Hougaard

Doyle/ Morris

Lindgren/ Thorssell

I think the Belle Vue Monarchs / Aces will be the pair to beat, we all know how Cookie and Max go there:-)

Kim Nilsson has ridden twice competitively at the OTA scoring 5 & 12 points respectively when he was with Newport.

Forgot he even rode for Newport in all honesty.

Harris and Nicholls for the Rockets.

I'll wager there will be at least one change to the 8 pairs named to date!!!!!!

Edited by Skidder1

What is the format for this meeting, two groups of four, with SF and final ?

• Like 1

I think the Belle Vue Monarchs / Aces will be the pair to beat, we all know how Cookie and Max go there:-)

Really? I think with the exception of Leicester any pair could win it.

• Like 1

Even Swindon

Can't see Somerset or Leicester winning it to be honest. Kings Lynn to win is my prediction. Probably based on how quick Lambert looked once he got dialled in after his appearances last year.

Ex Zummerrzet roiders Doyley and Morra.

They have got as good a chance as any other pair, but if the points are 4320 Jason will need to learn to look behind him and team ride.

• Like 1

They have got as good a chance as any other pair, but if the points are 4320 Jason will need to learn to look behind him and team ride.

Yes not as good a team rider as fellow Aussie Leigh Adams, who led the Robins to two successive superb Pairs titles in 2004/5, with Charlie Gjedde and the late Lee Richardson.

Harris and Nicholls for the Rockets.

I'll wager there will be at least one change to the 8 pairs named to date!!!!!!

Missing a trick as Kennett is brilliant around the OTA.

Missing a trick as Kennett is brilliant around the OTA.

I always thought he was pretty garbage at the OTA, although it should suit him. I seem to recall him saying himself before he can't get his head around the place.

He's probably just too quick!

Nick Morris although he spent a few seasons riding for us still never got to grips with the track completely, so I wouldn't expect miracles from him.