British Speedway Forum

I am surprised by this. Poor showing

I was surprised it was Somerset visiting on a bank holiday TBH and not a team with a good following like a poole/wolves/Swindon

Not surprised as combining the M5 and M6 on a bank holiday Monday is nobody's idea fun, it becomes a very long day.

Maybe a 12 seater minibus would be a start.A few air horns and they will get noticed.

Fixture planner

I suppose 'somebody' has to be 'somewhere'....

Although with it being a BH you would think promoters would want to maximise their income and schedule local(ish) derbies wouldn't you?

Maybe they had planned it that way and Cov where scheduled until their demise? With Wolves GF that would have made sense..

However, Leicester rode there last Friday, so maybe they could have taken the BHM slot instead?

To be fair though, you hardly see any travelling fans these days anywhere, with possibly the exception of the Aces who seem to have a fair few who travel most matches..

To be fair though, you hardly see any travelling fans these days anywhere, with possibly the exception of the Aces who seem to have a fair few who travel most matches..

Yes I hardly noticed the Pirates fans at Highbridge on Good Friday evening. ;)

When I travel away nowadays and especially on bank holidays I travel overnight and make a day of it. When we are at Somerset im camping for two days, similar with Swindon spent the day in Poole etc. You do have to gamble with the weather but ive been lucky on that front. I remember when many clubs rode on a Saturday which meant away sides always had a good turn out, clubs like Swindon, Coventry, Cradley, Eastbourne, Kings Lynn spring to mind, the GP,s put paid to that. Midweek meetings are not easy unless you want to use all your holiday allowance taking a chance on the good old British summertime weather.

No Bjerre for Belle Vue that day- in a SEC qualifier in Italy. No facility allowed.

I'm sure Hougaard is riding in a round to

All that way as well😁!

Don't see so many on a normal Friday night at BV😜!

You must have a white stick !!! B)

So who's it going to be ??,having seen the remark's attributed to Garry in this week's Speedway Star,and when.?

Who's what going to be?

Remarks from who?

You have to elaborate as not everyone reads the Speedy Star

Who's what going to be?

Remarks from who?

You have to elaborate as not everyone reads the Speedy Star

💬"It has to happen to keep us competitive." @casesrebels boss Garry May promises imminent changes in this week's @speedwaystarmag #exclusive

Team changes on the way to make Somerset competitive.

Anybody could have seen at the start of the season that this team was going to struggle. Not sure why they didn't. You can't move up a league but still build a team fit for a lower one.

He doesn't give any clue as to you will be going on coming in

Edited by mdmc82