British Speedway Forum

From the joys of trying to get to Lakeside on a Friday night to the joys of battling the M5 on a Friday night 😀

From the joys of trying to get to Lakeside on a Friday night to the joys of battling the M5 on a Friday night

Easy from Poole. Don't go near the M5. Cut straight across country and over the top of the M5 at the Somerset turnoff. Might get stuck behind a tractor but that's about it.

• Like 1

Easy from Poole. Don't go near the M5. Cut straight across country and over the top of the M5 at the Somerset turnoff. Might get stuck behind a tractor but that's about it.

Depends where your going from Steve. For us yes for those coming down the M5- M 6 no..Me personally i go straight up the M5 from the devon border.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

A good addition to the top flight. Given that both Swindon and Somerset shared half the same team I would guess that will be interesting if wanted by both.

Swindon borrowed a few riders

Looks like a weekend in Somerset next season when King's Lynn are down :approve:

Swindon borrowed a few riders

So did Somerset! Tungate and Josh are not Somerset assets!

• Like 1

Well at least someone can show Poole who is top dogs in the South :) may the new rivalry begin

Edited by Brummie Rebel
  • Like 1

1. Harris 9.26

2. 5.38 rider

3. Brady kurtz 8.96

4. troy batcholor 6.94

5. tungate 9.63 / nick morris 9.64

6. Bradley Wilson dean 5.83

7. Dan Bewley 4

Well after a lot of thought about the team here goes:

Keep majority of riders from last season but lose Wajtknecht who isn't 'premiership' ready and I think Grajczonek who I think wants a smaller track. Tungate hopefully will be back fingers crossed.

Jake Allen and Brad Wilson Dean at reserve with Starke and Wright at 2 and 4. Perhaps Jack Holder would be a good bet. Bomber Harris seems likely to add top tier heat leader status.

1. Harris

2. Wright

3. Holder

4. Starke

5. Tungate

6. Allen

7. Wilson Dean

Well after a lot of thought about the team here goes:

Keep majority of riders from last season but lose Wajtknecht who isn't 'premiership' ready and I think Grajczonek who I think wants a smaller track. Tungate hopefully will be back fingers crossed.

Jake Allen and Brad Wilson Dean at reserve with Starke and Wright at 2 and 4. Perhaps Jack Holder would be a good bet. Bomber Harris seems likely to add top tier heat leader status.

1. Harris

2. Wright

3. Holder

4. Starke

5. Tungate

6. Allen

7. Wilson Dean

That would be a team I'd love to watch race every week.

From the joys of trying to get to Lakeside on a Friday night to the joys of battling the M5 on a Friday night

I've asked this question before, but with no reply from anyone...'why do Somerset race on a Friday night?'

Is there a reason, or a reason why they cannot race on any other evening?

Friday evenings, are the worst possible time of the week to negotiate getting to Somerset's track.

Why on earth would Poole let you have Jack Holder?

• Like 1

That would be a team I'd love to watch race every week.

I've asked this question before, but with no reply from anyone...'why do Somerset race on a Friday night?'

Is there a reason, or a reason why they cannot race on any other evening?

Friday evenings, are the worst possible time of the week to negotiate getting to Somerset's track.

Not sure where you live Gresham, but do you have to use the M5? I live near Chippenham and never ever use the M4 or M5 to get to the OTA every Friday. Frome, Shepton Mallet, Wells, Wedmore, Mark.....not a traffic jam in sight.

• Like 1

Because we'll let poole have brady kurtz

Kurtz isn't Somersets to let Poole have, he's Pooles

• Like 1