British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

Just read the pr on the bspa site. Hurry quoted as saying "it's been a tough start for David, and I think they wanted to strengthen the top end"

What absolute BS as I was told this move would happen before a wheel had turned in anger. Before easter people though ivwas barmy or had a really poor club source.

So why are they dressing this up as anything else. This is what then intended since declaring their initial team.

Since you have so much passion for David, maybe you should suggest to Len, he resigns him.

I never wanted him in the team in the first place, I'm glad he is gone.

• Like 2

I think he's done a good job but would rather watch Hurry. Hopefully he stays injury free

No disrespect to Paul Hurry (who has been a terrific servant to the sport) but I thought the creation of the National League was for younger riders to develop and hone their skills which would then enable them to progress their careers through the other leagues.

Just read the pr on the bspa site. Hurry quoted as saying "it's been a tough start for David, and I think they wanted to strengthen the top end"

What absolute BS as I was told this move would happen before a wheel had turned in anger. Before easter people though ivwas barmy or had a really poor club source.

So why are they dressing this up as anything else. This is what then intended since declaring their initial team.

So who gave you this little gem of inside information ? Some bloke in the pub or other individual you are not prepared to name ? Or does this source have a name ? How come you didn't mention it before ?

How come you knew about this bit of gossip but David Mason didn't ?

From the time Paul Hurry turned up at press and practice the rumour mill was in action, with this story and 50 others as it always is from those who claim to be "in the know" . Actually there is only one person in the know and that is Jon Cook, but he I can assure you plays his cards very close to his chest. It didn't take a lot to work out the Paul was a potential signing if there were injuries or a collapse in form but a lot of people in Speedwáy like to think they are in the know when only one person is and he is very tight lipped.

As Claret 73 says Mason never was a popular choice and Hurry will at least do something to maintain crowd levels.

There has been talk of Paul Hurry returning for the best part of 2 years im pretty sure Eastbourne and Birmingham have enquired in this period but were denied by the powers that be.

• Like 1

I ve nothing against Paul Hurry riding NL, but there is no way in hell he should be able to replace a 6.5 rider.

Paul Hurry will benefit all riders of different ages with their development, be it in the pits or on the track. But it should not be a false average.

And why would I say where bits of info come from, I said I was told this by a good source prior to the season. Whether you choose to believe that is your perogative and no skin of my nose either way.

• Like 1

I ve nothing against Paul Hurry riding NL, but there is no way in hell he should be able to replace a 6.5 rider.

They've got 7,48 available to replace him (mainly due to Ben Morley's average dropping by 2 points thanks to some suspiciously bad performances that should be investigated).

But no way should Paul Hurry be available on an average below 7.48!!!

Hurry should be 10+

They've got 7,48 available to replace him (mainly due to Ben Morley's average dropping by 2 points thanks to some suspiciously bad performances that should be investigated).

But no way should Paul Hurry be available on an average below 7.48!!!

Hurry should be 10+

Win at ALL costs from Lakeside by the sound of it..

I used to go and watch Kent,but not any more as fed up with NL.

Edited by AJ is King

Obviously the signing hasn't been approved by the BSPA?

Why would they announce it on there official website ?

Surely if enough gathered evidence Morley and lakeside management should be punished?

New team declarations - no hurry? http://www.speedwaygb.co/files//nl17_issue_9.pdf

I getting a bit sick of all this Ben did not drop his average to fit paul in he just had two bad meeting so they is no evidence to be gathered. Everyone no Ben don't like big tracks.

Edited by mark007
  • Like 2

Ben had engine problems at Belle Vue ,and everyone knows his dislike.of IOW , He does not cheat and is gutted he has lost the no 1 jacket and will be doing his best to get it back in the coming weeks...Personally I think Paul wil strengthen the Hammers considerably and the opportunity has come to fit him in probably sooner than was expected. Feel sorry for David he has done what was expected,but it's a hard game and the change is a no brainer.....

Edited by waco

Regardless of Morley's suspicious performances, (flew round BV last year, trailed round at the back this year), there still should be no way Hurry can come in.

Lakeside only have 7.48 available to replace Mason, and Hurry should be on a 10+ average. Something is bent here.

• Like 1