British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

So Hurry rides this weekend and then his average goes up?! He's either eligible now or he never is!

I read the PR thinking he was coming in as a 'guest', but thinking about it they'll have no-one else missing so could only use R/R if he's injured. So maybe Spooner has been signed.

I think Spooner must have been signed also as a guest has to be from another sides 1-7?

Sounds like a "defiant" Lakeside have still got a good signing on their hands even if Hurry is around the 9 point mark. They may be upset that other teams have objected but that happens across all leagues so they should be used to it.

I think Spooner must have been signed also as a guest has to be from another sides 1-7?

Sounds like a "defiant" Lakeside have still got a good signing on their hands even if Hurry is around the 9 point mark. They may be upset that other teams have objected but that happens across all leagues so they should be used to it.

That's why I put guest in inverted commas. They can bring Spooner in as an unattached 3.00 rider, just most clubs tend to use them at reserve. However if Hunter is still in the declaration but injured, all I can see being eligible is R/R.

That makes more sense if two changes av been made, good to see hurry in now.

I must say that Paul on a 7.44 is still way wrong!

1.4 * 3.91 * 2 less the allowance for injury/grass tracking is nearer to 11 than 7.44.

He cannot ride over the weekend, from what I understand, as he has not been declared in a legal 1 to 7 for the 7 days before.

Lakeside should be forced to keep him out 'til things are sorted by the BSPA otherwise we are going to have appeals for ages and meeting scores sorted out at a later date!

Read it and cannot see that it is in any way legal! The other 11 NL teams should fight hard against it and stop it happening or it will be the death of the NL/CL as we know it.

Gustix, correct me if I am wrong, but does this not smack what Romford Bombers did in 1969 when they signed Des Luckhurst but he had to come in on an very high 10 or low 11 point average and he improved on it in the old BL Div2?

When was David Mason told by Kelvin Tatum NOT to ride for Swindon Sprockets? There's nothing - so far as I can see - on Lakeside Hammers website to that effect.

And, after his 'replacement' at lakeside this week by Paul Hurry, for what OTHER reason should Mason not ride for Swindon Sprockets?

When Mason got dropped earlier this week Mason said that he'd agreed to Kelvin's proposal to not ride for Swindon this week, in order to stay fit for his Lakeside commitments.

When was this conversation in regard to Swindon between David Mason and Kelvin Tatum? I cannot find it on the Lakeside Hammers website. I would like to read this debate.

Edited by Guest

I must say that Paul on a 7.44 is still way wrong!

1.4 * 3.91 * 2 less the allowance for injury/grass tracking is nearer to 11 than 7.44.

He cannot ride over the weekend, from what I understand, as he has not been declared in a legal 1 to 7 for the 7 days before.

Lakeside should be forced to keep him out 'til things are sorted by the BSPA otherwise we are going to have appeals for ages and meeting scores sorted out at a later date!

the one thing we won't find out is how they got that figure.

If his average was set at 7.44 before the season and any team could have opted to try and utilise him on that figure, no one can complain.

But if i was to be neutral on this i would have to admit i would have assessed his realistic working average to be nearer the nine point mark, maybe 8.50 as a minimum.

When was this conversation in regard to Swindon between David Mason and Kelvin Tatum? I cannot find it on the Lakeside Hammers website. I would like to read this debate.

It's not on any website it's what Mason said on twitter.
  • Like 1

It's not on any website it's what Mason said on twitter.

In other words, had the original source been made clear that it was on TWITTER the matter would have been clear from the outset. Again an assumption by whoever initially brought the matter to light that everyone on this thread would have been clear about the original source.

What a cheek IMO by Kelvin Tatum to make such a request when he had presumably been party previously to the 'sacking' of David Mason by Lakeside Hammers.

I still want to know who Jake Knight has signed for!! They're taking their time announcing it aren't they?

What injury has George Hunter sustained? Please advise.