Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

Two Two thinking that myself ?

If his average was set at 7.44 before the season and any team could have opted to try and utilise him on that figure, no one can complain.

But if i was to be neutral on this i would have to admit i would have assessed his realistic working average to be nearer the nine point mark, maybe 8.50 as a minimum.

Connor Dugard says he was told Hurry's average was much higher than that at the start of the season.

What injury has George Hunter sustained? Please advise.

It appears that Mason is wondering exactly the same (that's off Twitter for Gustix)!

Hurry 7.66

Are we going to get an explanation as to how that's been arrived at? It seems convenient that it's only a little bit more than the 7.44 hence dropping Hunter for a 3.00 rider accommodates the change. Edited by Islander15
  • Like 1

If Hunter has been binned, the IOW should dive in right away.

Are we going to get an explanation as to how that's been arrived at? It seems convenient that it's only a little bit more than the 7.44 hence dropping Hunter for a 3.00 rider accommodates the change.

Its not so much a matter of what his average is but how they arrived at it.

Based upon his past EL plus amendment, 7.66 is a joke.

From the outside I think this has been handled really badly by lakeside never mind the fact hurry is no NL rider and is not going to develop in any way shape or form. Nothing against hurry but always been against him making a comeback just as the nl is becoming less stagnated.

Its not so much a matter of what his average is but how they arrived at it.

Based upon his past EL plus amendment, 7.66 is a joke.

True, I just meant we've had no explanation of 7.44 let alone 7.66 and that figure just happens to fit with dropping Hunter to get Hurry in, now that people have complained at 7.44 being too low. Either/both averages need an explanation as they both seem figures plucked from nowhere.

• Like 1

If the 7.66 is correct it is the joke of the year in Speedway terms.

Can someone now get Screeny, Hall, Stoney, Les Collins , Phil Collins to name but a few back in a 2017 team on the same figure????????????

The mighty Mark Robinson when he rode at #7 for Cradley in about 1990 had a 2.56 (approx.) average and was saddled with a 9 plus average in the 2011 NL and that stopped his comeback!

How about low ability foreigners on the same 7.66 or there about assessed average like Rye House did back in the day when they forced non British riders being allowed in our 2nd Division and started the rot?

I fear for the NL/CL as this could be the tipping point to a semi pro NL and a proper designated 3rd Division.

I could go on but...................I hope Cook and Tatum are proud of the professional 'cheating' that they are doing. Rant over, back to the side lines I go!

Edited by berniev123

Don't see why any blame lays with Cook or Tatum for his average? Wasn't them that decided it.

Don't see why any blame lays with Cook or Tatum for his average? Wasn't them that decided it.

????????????????

????????????????

What professional cheating are they doing?

From the outside I think this has been handled really badly by lakeside never mind the fact hurry is no NL rider and is not going to develop in any way shape or form. Nothing against hurry but always been against him making a comeback just as the nl is becoming less stagnated.

And Mason was? Hurry has far more to offer younger riders in terms of advice than career reserve Mason ever could.

And Liam your spot on, its not Lakeside who decided Paul's average, its the SCB, Lakeside merely are taking advantage of shall we say a judgement of error on the control boards part and if anyone thinks others clubs would not have done the same given the chance they are deluded because promoters are all as bad as each other when it comes to putting their club first.

I'm starting to understand how Poole fans feel now as every move they make is dissected under a microscope.

• Like 1

If and I emphasise the word IF

If, Hurry was given a higher average pre-season (as quoted to other clubs) he surely cannot in the month of May have a lower average than that figure.

It defies commonsense for such a thing to happen.

Oh!!! It's speedway, I forgot.

If and I emphasise the word IF

If, Hurry was given a higher average pre-season (as quoted to other clubs) he surely cannot in the month of May have a lower average than that figure.

It defies commonsense for such a thing to happen.

Oh!!! It's speedway, I forgot.

Didn't Cook say the average agreed was 7.44 and that's why he is disappointed it's being pushed up?

Why when he has been told that Hurrys average dosent fit by the bspa, is he knowingly taking an illeagal team all the way to stoke when any points earn will get deducted anyway? Or the match referee will not allow him to ride.

• Like 1