British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

All sounds very positive, and I really hope it is the beginning of a new and more prosperous era for the club. Personally I am delighted that the

proposal to enter the top league has been shelved ( if it has ?) because IMO that would have been suicidal.

Jon also said that since the news went out on the grapevine last Tuesday he had had quite a lot of interest from riders that were interested in riding for the club at Championship level including a former Hammer of the Year, and he seemed confident of putting a decent team out rather than having to fill some of the team spaces with whoever was available, as we had to do this year. Ultimately though, averages and points limit will have some influence on the final choices. He said some riders that had previously ridden for the Hammers were interested in returning, and there were enquiries from some who had never ridden for us before.

He praised and thanked the track staff for their efforts especially Ken Driscoll who took over as track curator at short notice after the previous track curator had left on the eve of the season, and said this season we had the highest marks ever from referees for the condition of the track.

Hammer of the year, Guess that would be Kennett or Lawson? Thanks for the updates.

Hammer of the year, Guess that would be Kennett or Lawson? Thanks for the updates.

For the record,

Kim 2016

Edward 2015

Richard 2013 2014.

I like this idea.

Looks like we're really pushing the reset button.

National League just wasn't for me but having a team of Brits including 1 or 2 assets will be really exciting.

I'd actually prefer that to a team largely of foreign riders in the PL.

Adam Ellis could also figure as he is an asset too.

Lawson, Kennett, Kerr, Ben & Zach + 2 others

I think we would still need a big hitter that could get the points home and away. I have worked out the averages exactly but on rough figures those five woukd take up around 31/32 points, but the best that could be done is probably two four pointers or a five and a three.

Adam Ellis would be very difficult to sqeeze in if the points limit is 40 or less. Same goes for Robbo, who is still an asset and has been knocking up a 7+ average at Newcastle.

Broc Nicol & Max Clegg

I like Max Clegg and would be delighted to have him but I think he is only about a three pointer who would share reserve with Ben and Zack. Is you had Max it wold be even more important to have a capable scorer home and away in the top 3.

After attending last night's Lakeside Hammers end of season get together, I must say I am pleased to hear that Jon Cook won't be rushing to put the team back into the top flight as things currently stand. It seems that the BSPA are going to insist teams run in the top tier on Mondays & Thursdays which are not days that can be well attended by most people, especially at Arena. So, not only is top flight speedway very risky to put on financially anyway, but to be told you have to run it on 'off' race nights would be disastrous. If this is the case, I believe the Championship/Premier League is the best way forward for us next season. That way we don't have to ask people to drive to Arena straight from work on a school night!

Rider wise, it would be great to have Zach & Ben at reserve as they are very popular and great to watch round Arena. As mentioned above Max Clegg has said he likes our track so is a possibility. Heat leader possibles could include Nilsson, Kennett, Lawson, Ellis, Robson and maybe Nicholls who wants to ride in the second tier and has ridden as a guest for us more than any other rider I can think of. Schlein is another who likes the Arena track and is a friend of the team. Other riders could include former Hammers Kerr, Bridger or Sedgmen. Maybe Gino Manzares could be considered as he looked good in practice at Arena.

The 'Happy Clappies' are clearly ecstatic; as they probably would be if Jon Cook climbed up a 20 foot ladder and emptied his bowels over them.

Clealry, no reason given why we failed to deliver the 14 promised meetings; withdrew from the K.O. Cup nor any updates on the new stadium location.

But hey.........the clappies were clearly seduced by the 'finger buffet'. So who honesly gives a toss about the utter BS and lies.

The 'Happy Clappies' are clearly ecstatic; as they probably would be if Jon Cook climbed up a 20 foot ladder and emptied his bowels over them.

Clealry, no reason given why we failed to deliver the 14 promised meetings; withdrew from the K.O. Cup nor any updates on the new stadium location.

But hey.........the clappies were clearly seduced by the 'finger buffet'. So who honesly gives a toss about the utter BS and lies.

True to form, we didn't have to wait long for your 'contribution'.

• Like 1

Positive development. Maybe this will help persuade Ippo ad P'boro to stay in the Championship and stop it becoming a regional league. Having back some old favourites that the fans can relate to would be a smart move

I just want to see the track survive. From a personal point of view, I was happy in the NL. A move into the top flight, with its fixed race nights and higher costs could bankrupt the club. As Arnie said, a higher level of racing and a few familiar faces could tempt some of the fans back.