British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

Great news i have always maintained the championship was the league to suit regular racing at Lakeside..Now i just hope our Ben Morley gets a place in the team....

If there wasnt enough dates to fit in the NLKOC then how can they fit in all the Championship fixtures?

Positive development. Maybe this will help persuade Ippo ad P'boro to stay in the Championship and stop it becoming a regional league. Having back some old favourites that the fans can relate to would be a smart move

I wouldnt be surprised if theyre replacing Ipswich in the middle tier as, if the rumoured couple of teams move up, then the middle tier will need increasing in numbers.

Edited by Islander15

Great news i have always maintained the championship was the league to suit regular racing at Lakeside..Now i just hope our Ben Morley gets a place in the team....

I would say that is nailed on Waco along with Zach aswell and hopefully if the top league goes to set nights we wont lose them for any meetings.

Totally agree and whilst i will never likely see eye to eye with the current promoter, I would actively support the club at this level, would rather it not Friday nights but if everything else set up nicely then it’s something I will put up with, after all it’s not the race night that draws in the crowds, it’s the whole product on offer.

I think we would still need a big hitter that could get the points home and away. I have worked out the averages exactly but on rough figures those five woukd take up around 31/32 points, but the best that could be done is probably two four pointers or a five and a three.

Adam Ellis would be very difficult to sqeeze in if the points limit is 40 or less. Same goes for Robbo, who is still an asset and has been knocking up a 7+ average at Newcastle.

I like Max Clegg and would be delighted to have him but I think he is only about a three pointer who would share reserve with Ben and Zack. Is you had Max it wold be even more important to have a capable scorer home and away in the top 3.

Good call with Robbo. Lawson would be a big hitter if the Premier doesnt get sponsorship, can see the Championship weakened this year, otherwise it would be an identical product

Hopefully, if fixed race nights in the Premier come to fruition, the Championship will bar any riders who want to ride in Poland or compete in FIM & UEM events (Except U-21) - Clubs could then arrange dates with guaranteed full squads & regular racing throughout the year

Regular racing...now that's a new idea. If it's to be Championship league, it would be great if we had a meeting every week and I don't

care what day it is. Just pray that enough customers arrive for every meeting.

As Rider of the Year, Ben would get the approval of the home fans, and personally , I have noticed a big step up in his professionalism and confidence this year. Zach would gave to be first choice though as an asset and a bit better away, but Ben and Zach together would be one of the strongest , if not the strongest reserve pairing in the Championship. If it was down to be me I think would definitely have those two as first names on the team sheet and build up from there.

• Like 2

They would have averages too high to ride at reserve Addio, Ben maybe could if the top five was very so so, but we could do with a couple of big hitters, I see Ben and Zach as second strings as they will be around 5-6 point riders.

They would have averages too high to ride at reserve Addio, Ben maybe could if the top five was very so so, but we could do with a couple of big hitters, I see Ben and Zach as second strings as they will be around 5-6 point riders.

I think you are probably right. I am not as up to speed with the regs as I used to be but just had a look at them and it is a big confusing.

I think Ben still has a Championship average of 3 from the 2016 season so maybe we should wait till the new regs come out before we work it out. I tend to agree with you about big hitters though.

We had big hitters this season. Kennett Lawson and Ellis as the three heat leaders?

We had big hitters this season. Kennett Lawson and Ellis as the three heat leaders?

Is Adam Ellis a Lakeside 'asset' still?

If so, I would still be surprised to see him in our line up again as I thought relations were strained with JC.

Something like Lawson, Kennett, Robbo, Zach, Morley, Bowtell, A.N Other would have a nice feel to it.

Perhaps keep young Jason Edwards as number 8 and keep a good eye on him as the season progresses.

Ben & Zach both missed Championship raving this year so (unless the rules change) they should use their relatively low averages from 2016. I think Zach is 2.67 and Ben something like 3.85.

Also did they say what night they would race? With Fridays still having the obvious issues and Sundays poorly attended, I assume itll be Saturdays.