British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

Sorry, I haven't followed NL rules for a while. What is the issue with assets that you are all referring to?

NL clubs can't sign new assets at all. Its a rule decided by the upper leagues last winter.

NL clubs can't sign new assets at all. Its a rule decided by the upper leagues last winter.

Thanks for the reply.

What is the thinking behind this?

Lakeside have spent time and money training up youngsters on a purpose built junior track, to allow these riders to join other clubs?!

Surely this doesn't make any sense at all, unless I am missing something.

• Like 2

Ben Morley must be nailed on now the Raiders are no more

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

Lakeside have spent time and money training up youngsters on a purpose built junior track, to allow these riders to join other clubs?!

The EL & PL clubs made the decision so then it allows them to sign riders for free rather than paying a transfer fee or loan fee to an NL side.

The EL & PL clubs made the decision so then it allows them to sign riders for free rather than paying a transfer fee or loan fee to an NL side.

That was nice of them.

Thanks for the reply.

That was nice of them.

One cannot really blame the EL and Pl for the decision from a Lakeside Hammers viewpoint. When the decision was made they were surely a senior club making these sort of guidelines?

Can Rob Mear or Paul Hurry ride for the Hammers in the NL? Surely if Adam Ellis was allowed in last year's NL, then they should be able to ride for us.

I wonder if we could persuade Ben Morley to join us? Luke Clifton is a former Hammer that may be interested in a return to Arena.

Zach Wajtknecht should be a definite, following his acquisition last winter. Jack Kingston is another asset that is likely to be in the line-up.

I was really hoping Taylor Hampshire would join us, having been a Hagon Academy member, but King's Lynn have nabbed him . Sam Bebee also progressed through the Hagon Academy.

Jason Edwards and Drew Kemp would be excellent signings, when they get old enough.

[/quote

Well one thing's for certain - you're not going to be able to fit in Mear, Hurry, Morley & Wajtknecht!!! The points limit is going to be around 40 NOT 70!!!! Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly

One cannot really blame the EL and Pl for the decision from a Lakeside Hammers viewpoint. When the decision was made they were surely a senior club making these sort of guidelines?

Awful idea! Completely short sighted. How do they expect smaller clubs to progress up, if they have no rider assets?! What is the incentive for any NL club to try to blood young riders and give them experience, if bigger teams can sign them as an asset immediately?

Well one thing's for certain - you're not going to be able to fit in Mear, Hurry, Morley & Wajtknecht!!! The points limit is going to be around 40 NOT 70!!!!

Yes, I know that. I was just enquiring whether Mear or Hurry are possible. I don't expect to have more than 2 of those riders you mentioned anyway.

Rye not running in the NL means there will be a chance of Morley being a Hammer. But, that all depends when we can confirm what is going to happen at Arena next season.

• Like 1

Awful idea! Completely short sighted. How do they expect smaller clubs to progress up, if they have no rider assets?! What is the incentive for any NL club to try to blood young riders and give them experience, if bigger teams can sign them as an asset immediately?

Yes, I know that. I was just enquiring whether Mear or Hurry are possible. I don't expect to have more than 2 of those riders you mentioned anyway.

Rye not running in the NL means there will be a chance of Morley being a Hammer. But, that all depends when we can confirm what is going to happen at Arena next season.

Welcome to the NL. Those of us who have been here a couple of years feel exactly the same - but Lakeside would have been party to this decision.

With rye house running mainly on Saturdays next year, how will that impact upon lakeside's plans for weekend racing.

Welcome to the NL. Those of us who have been here a couple of years feel exactly the same - but Lakeside would have been party to this decision.

I am not defending anyone, it's a bloody stupid idea! Promoters have a lack of vision shocker!

Ironically, I stopped following rule changes from the BSPA as they got more and more ridiculous in the Elite League. We may be in the NL now, and I am already appalled at the rules .

Speedway in this country really wants to drive away it's die hard fans!

• Like 1

1. Leigh Lanham 8.68

2. Danno Verge 4.43

3. Magic Mason 6.54

4. Ben Hopwood 6.00

5. Zach Wajknecht 8.59

6. Adam Kirby 3.77

7. Matt Saul 3.00

8. Niall Strudwick 3.00

Bliss

The only way i can see Hammers making a go of the NL in a viable fashion is to have a team of real prospects, not career reserves or riders who have been stuck at this level for quite a few years and in all honesty, will never likely amount to anything more than very average third tier rider.

There are three on Falcon Hammers list that easily meet that criteria and Lanham is not one of them.

I don't know much about Verge, Saul or Kirby so I'm guessing they are youngsters in their first season or two of racing, Zach of course would be a shoe in and Lanham would be acceptable because whilst he is on the way down, he has experience of racing at a high level both competitively and personally.

There are one or two kids in the academy who will be worth looking at once they are old enough to ride at this level, Jason Edwards is definitely one.