British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

I think the addition of Lakeside to the NL is a huge plus for all involved. As a development league having a variety of track shapes and the required techniques to ride them is vital.

Lakeside have the opportunity to develop a real home fortress and should be looking to build a team around that? Zach Waj & Ben Morley would be excellent value and i also wouldn't be surprised to Verge as a hammer either. Saul & Kirby could be entertaining but from my previous experiences of them more likely hilarious and when trying to convert existing fans to the joys of the NL the reserves need to be of the solid/composed type rather than wobbly shale sitters type.

Kirby knows all the tracks. He's had a good look at most of them. (I admit , face down on most).

• Like 1

Well only one more day till we know what is

going on at lakeside but I must agree with

some on here that have said ed was talking

to scott

last season and bomber stating he was not

staying at Coventry very early could have

been known we weren't riding this year

months ago. just hope it is positive news

tomorrow.

If Lakeside run NL next year they could start with this...

1. Ben Morley 9.22

3. Marc Owen 7.25

4. Jack Kingston 5.84

5. Zach Wajtknecht 8.59

7. Henry Atkins 3.00

Problem is that there's only 6.10 for the last 2 riders

Who's Joe Boatman?

Rob Branford a possibility maybe?

Would Rob Mear's average be 7.15?

If Lakeside run NL next year they could start with this...

1. Ben Morley 9.22

3. Marc Owen 7.25

4. Jack Kingston 5.84

5. Zach Wajtknecht 8.59

7. Henry Atkins 3.00

Problem is that there's only 6.10 for the last 2 riders

Who's Joe Boatman?

Rob Branford a possibility maybe?

Would Rob Mear's average be 7.15?

How have you worked that out?

Kirby knows all the tracks. He's had a good look at most of them. (I admit , face down on most).

24/06/15 Cradley 40 Birmingham 49

Kirby 9+3.

Cradley faces down that night :D

24/06/15 Cradley 40 Birmingham 49

Kirby 9+3.

Cradley faces down that night :D

Forgive me for i have sinned. Adam was a match winner & an all action rider, when he stopped on as you have stated.

• Like 1

Quote from a Lakeside Hammers Press Release November 20 2016: "Jon Cook confirmed that talks were still ongoing and that a fans forum will be set up, hopefully before Christmas, when supporters would be brought fully up to speed on all plans for 2017. Cook also confirmed that team coach Kelvin Tatum would be taking on a larger role at the club from 2017."

How have you worked that out?

I converted his 2016 EL average of 3.65 to PL so 3.65*1.4=5.11

And at the time I thought it was the same conversion from PL to NL, so 5.11*1.4=7.154

However now I know it's PL*2 for the NL average which would be 10.22 which is waaay too high

I knew it would be wrong anyway, converting an EL average down through 2 leagues seems ridiculous :P But hey, speedway rules ARE ridiculous

Edited by Dandelion

Like many London area speedway followers I sincerely hope the Lakeside Hammers will be on parade for the 2017 season even at National League level.

But what puzzles me is what day will they race on bearing in mind that two stock car promotions hold fairly regular weekend meetings - on some Saturday evenings and alternate Sundays?

Edited by Guest

How much longer till we hear something positive from the promotion ??

Like many London area speedway followers I sincerely hope the Lakeside Hammers will be on parade for the 2017 season even at National League level.

But what puzzles me is what day will be they race on bearing in mind that two stock car promotions hold fairly regular weekend meetings - on some Saturday evenings and alternate Sundays?

How much longer till we hear something positive from the promotion ??

From what I understand a statement will NOT be made until after the National League meeting of promoters is held later this month.

With rye house, Eastbourne and the Gp's running on most saturdays, I would imagine their options are somewhat limited.

Thanks for the info Gustix