British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

What average would Rob Mear come in on?..Kingston would be very risky given his recent commitment problem Wajtknecht and Hazelden yes ,,Morley no brainer considering his popularity and form round here at a higher level,,...

Edited by waco

I suspect Rob would come in on a higher average than Ben? His Elite ave was 3.65 x 1.4 for a PL ave = 5.11 x 2 for NL average puts him at 10.22 if i understand the rules (and im not sure anyone really does).

For me i can't see Mear representing great value on a 10+ average as its no secret he favours top flight or nothing. Also can't see Morley, Waj & Mear fitting into the same side and i would expect the first 2 to be nailed on.

I think the Kingston boat has sailed for him. There is a lot more required to become a successful speedway rider than some raw natural talent.

Ben Basford?

Would certainly benefit from riding a small track regularly but distance might become an issue as even fuel money can add up in the NL?

Luke Harris might also be a reasonable shout.

I hope you a right Sings for Kings,,I had a feeling Mears average would be very high at this level and would be difficult to accommodate.in a balanced side....

Kingston's big mistake was leaving Kent. While it was due to work commitments he's never seemed to be the same rider since. If a return to a local club, his parent club too, could get him back on track then there is no reason he couldn't average around the six point mark. Morley, Hazelden and a focussed Kingston would be a solid enough start for the Hammers.

Can not see them running against Rye on sats even accounting for the car events.

Top 3 of

Ben Morley

Zak watjnect

Robert mear

Edited by Phil The Ace

Can not see them running against Rye on sats even accounting for the car events.

One would have hoped as much. Rye have stated that they will not run on SGP Saturdays. Unfortunately, those dates coincide with many of the the Arena-Essex 'Thunder Show' meetings so clashes involving Rye House may prove inevitable.

How exactly you even compare Premiership Speedway at Rye House, clashing with Lakeside's now semi-pro facade, is truly laughable.

How exactly you even compare Premiership Speedway at Rye House, clashing with Lakeside's now semi-pro facade, is truly laughable.

Has such a comparison been made? As I see it most comment has been devoted to what is the best time for Lakeside Hammers to stage speedway working in conjunction with the other two car racing promotions that also have weekend meetings?

It could well be what you claim has been mentioned The Voice Of Reason - in which case can you recap the Posts concerned please?

Brilliant news :approve:

One of my favourite tracks and the most under rated and over criticised in British Speedway.

• Like 1

Just to add I doubt any Saturday will happen as on the 3 weeks in a month with no RTS meeting, the track is in use all day for practice for the cars. I believe this is the case on the alternate Sundays too.

Just to add I doubt any Saturday will happen as on the 3 weeks in a month with no RTS meeting, the track is in use all day for practice for the cars. I believe this is the case on the alternate Sundays too.

Maybe arrangements will be made to curtail the Saturday and Sunday car practice session at an earlier time so that preparations can follow for the speedway organisers to move in? I am sure these matters are realised by all parties concerned - both the car and speedway people.