British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

I would have hoped all clubs that stayed in the top league dropped the prices, it was a much weaker league, if Rye House was cheaper than all the other clubs then fair play to them.

He meant that 2017 Rye House charged less for top division matches than Lakeside did in 2016.

the programme is a pound less at rye.

Are there still gypsies still resident in the car park at Arena Essex?

Are there still gypsies still resident in the car park at Arena Essex?

Dont think so Claret but maybe ask in the South East Speedway Fans Forum aswell to see if anyone knows.

Dont think its new but the rumour was it was going to replace the Lakeside forum, maybe the vote on the name change didnt go well?

Interesting negative spin on a what was a positive question. The question was asked and the majority said no, which is absolutely fine.

I was trying to engage with the customers who come onto the forum :lol:

You could have asked the question yourself as you are still a member.

I am not being negative and to be honest Kev the stuff about the forum is just light hearted banter. I am just a passionate supporter of Lakeside so when I see people having a pop I just defend the club. They are not perfect and neither is Jon Cook but its still my club. I enjoyed the forum when you set it up and appreciated it. No offence is meant.

Just been told on the Poole thread from someone that Lakeside have agreements with three riders with Nilsson, Zach and AJ being mentioned, or thats what is being said. Have no idea if the member has inside info as I dont look on the Poole thread normally.

Edited by liam
  • Like 1

Just been told on the Poole thread from someone that Lakeside have agreements with three riders with Nilsson, Zach and AJ being mentioned, or thats what is being said. Have no idea if the member has inside info as I dont look on the Poole thread normally.

I would be ecstatic with those three, and if Edward The Kennet was in the mix even better. Can't see AJ coming back though, but desperately hope I am wrong.

Would be happy to see us back in the top flight but I want to see some new faces.

No disrespect intended but I don't want to see the likes of Lewis Bridger and Ed Kennett in any potential line up.

Smacks of 'jobs for the boys' to me.

That said, I don't have many suggestions for 2018.

I like Paul Starke. Proper racer.

Would be happy to see us back in the top flight but I want to see some new faces.

No disrespect intended but I don't want to see the likes of Lewis Bridger and Ed Kennett in any potential line up.

Smacks of 'jobs for the boys' to me.

That said, I don't have many suggestions for 2018.

I like Paul Starke. Proper racer.

I don't think anyone who saw Ed Kennett beating Jason Doyle at Arena in 2016 would say he is anything other than a true racer. That was probably the race of the season. Bridger I think is more less retired again. I wouldn't say no to Paul Starke but he us not really more than a fairly low second string. I'd pick Lewi Kerr above him though, not quite as good as Starke at the moment bug more potential.

I think we are kidding ourselves with a return of AJ though. His converted average would probably be 12 or 13 which would take up too much of the team building total. I doubt if we will see many (or any ) big names in the top league nect year, with the possible exception of Kim.