British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Lakeside 2017

AJ would bring some fans back for sure, no better sight than seeing him miss the gate then fly round the outside of the other three riders. Kennett is a strange one because he is fantastic at Lakeside but awful away. Bridger could be worth a gamble if his average is low and he also has a championship team to race for, just racing in one league is not enough. Ben and Zach at reserve would be decent if they can do that.

Edited by liam

If its true that agreements have been made with riders I would say its a reality, but I guess we will find out soon enough.

I would imagine that there is as much chance of plans being know at this stage as there was about the club dropping down at the end of last season, so basically a very good chance

Not to difficult at this stage to identify key team members - the remaining places can be filled once the 'team limit' is known.

We will find out a little more perhaps on Friday evening.

Edited by TonyE

Not to difficult at this stage to identify key team members - the remaining places can be filled once the 'team limit's is known.

We will find out a little more perhaps on Friday evening.

Will you be going Tony?

I'm dreading the thought of an over optimistic management deciding to re-enter the league which in my view will kill them off.

Does anyone know whether BT Sport are to cough up any money for racing on TV ? The last I heard it was in doubt.

Will the fans who defected to Rye House this year come back to support the Hammers ? That is the key question.

But there were not enough of them before this year, so I cannot imagine any new ones popping up from nowhere.

That is why I view this with pessimism when I am normally an optimist.

• Like 1

Yes - I will be there.

But how many actually defected to Rye House? Don’t forget the Kent Kings factor too, a few from south of the river supported Kent in the third tier and us in the top, when we dropped to Kent’s level they stopped supporting us because Kent was already there third tier club and loyalty was to them, some of them I heard even turned on some of our riders so I guess they showed their true colours there.

I still think the second division would be the clubs best bet.

• Like 1

No local derbies, no away fans, no TV money & a vastly increased outlay. The 2nd tier wouldn't appeal to cookie.

With rumours that Ipswich could also be moving up that would be another good meeting along with Rye House.

Ok, if Ipswich move up then being in the same division as them and Rye House would be a no brainer financially.

I'm dreading the thought of an over optimistic management deciding to re-enter the league which in my view will kill them off.

Does anyone know whether BT Sport are to cough up any money for racing on TV ? The last I heard it was in doubt.

Will the fans who defected to Rye House this year come back to support the Hammers ? That is the key question.

But there were not enough of them before this year, so I cannot imagine any new ones popping up from nowhere.

That is why I view this with pessimism when I am normally an optimist.

It does look like not much BT money if any well that how it stands at the moment

I don’t think BT pay out, it’s a deal which gives speedway exposure in the hope of attracting more fans but in reality is only watched by current fans who would go but watch it at home or people who only watch it on tv but have no intention or don’t live near a track.

Must admit I don’t think that our league is a good advert a lot of the time, the Grand Prix though, yes.