British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

As far as everyone knows we are running next year. Been some discussion on day and time of racing and who will be in our team. Thoughts?

Which thread shall we use, you've created 2

should have hidden the other one?

ok, I will start

1. Ellis Perks - I cant see for one minute that Adam would stay another year and not sure the averages would allow us to keep him

2. Kelsey Dugard - A year away, maybe he can come back and do the business. As much as anything, my 'heart' hopes he can because he is a Dugard.

3. Georgie Wood - Reminds me of Cam in a lot of ways and in great form.

4. Gary Cotham - Seems keen to return and I dont think we really know what he can do for us yet

5. Jake Knight - Mr entertainment.

6. Tommy Brennam - Probably the most obvious dead cert.

7. Nick Phillips - Seemed to struggle and then got injured and 3 pointers are always a gamble so maybe another try?

Edited by stevec

With the EL now using converted averages, Ellis suddenly has a massive EL average so I wonder if anyone will sign him and staying in the suddenly looks attractive.

With the EL now using converted averages, Ellis suddenly has a massive EL average so I wonder if anyone will sign him and staying in the suddenly looks attractive.

Not so sure about that If I read it right the 1.4 conversion makes Adam 7.84.

I think he will be back at Poole who have 50 points to use in the New PL and surely would make him a good capture in the new CL. I can see him doubling up in the 2 new leagues.

His NL average is sure to rule him out of the NL which has no challenges for him now. He is simply too good but we will follow his career and hope he really succeeds as he was an enormous help to us this year and broadened his fan base for sure.

Some people had hopes that Eastbourne might one day like to rise up the ranks of British Speedway again. Having once been an EL club, some fans hankered for a step up to Premier and, maybe, one day, back to EL.

The Premier never looked particularly attractive with its northern bias, but as the Championship it surely would be a No, No for the Eagles.

Not sure which is closest - Ipswich or Peterborough - but they are not local derbies by any stretch of the imagination. Otherwise, it is a northern league in all but name.

Travel costs would be immense and none of the teams in the Championship set my heart racing with anticiptation.

• Like 1

Maybe need to be the best in the NL first! I'm happy where they are at the moment and look forward to the progression of Georgie Wood , Tom Brennan etc. With it looking likely Lakeside going NL next year, some cracking matches look likely with local teams Lakeside and Kent, and the renewed rivalry against Birmingham and Cradley.

Edited by gazzac

Agree. Happy to stay where we are. The club's sustainable and competitive and we'e already got more intense rivalries than we had in the Elite League. Roll on 2017. BTW, when is the National League AGM?

• Like 1

So if Eastbourne assets have been handed over to lakeside what happens now lakeside are Nl?

lol, what a great question. What a stupid rule anyway.

Points limit for team building and where riders what to ride will have a far greater bearing than supposed assets I think.

• Like 1

ok, I will start

1. Ellis Perks - I cant see for one minute that Adam would stay another year and not sure the averages would allow us to keep him

2. Kelsey Dugard - A year away, maybe he can come back and do the business. As much as anything, my 'heart' hopes he can because he is a Dugard.

3. Georgie Wood - Reminds me of Cam in a lot of ways and in great form.

4. Gary Cotham - Seems keen to return and I dont think we really know what he can do for us yet

5. Jake Knight - Mr entertainment.

6. Tommy Brennam - Probably the most obvious dead cert.

7. Nick Phillips - Seemed to struggle and then got injured and 3 pointers are always a gamble so maybe another try?

I think you are spot on except for Phillips. Really did not impress me. There has to be better out there, I am assuming Jenkins is out of reach but I would like to see them get Joe Lawlor. If Belle Vue don't run you can bet Birmingham will 'buy' Kyle Bickley but we might tempt Joe.

Wouldn't mind Lawlor seems to have made good progress this season. Jenkins would be my ultimate goal but it's unlikely

I think you are spot on except for Phillips. Really did not impress me. There has to be better out there, I am assuming Jenkins is out of reach but I would like to see them get Joe Lawlor. If Belle Vue don't run you can bet Birmingham will 'buy' Kyle Bickley but we might tempt Joe.

Yeh, I was tempted to put Jenkins in but wanted to keep it real, Surely we would be able to get 'both' the top young reserves!!

Willing to agree we could better Phillips but also dont think we had seen enough to rule him out.