British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

As mentioned earlier on the thread, I don't think there is any point building teams to a 40 point limit.

Taken from the Buxton website:

"At the moment I'm building a team to around the 35 point limit, as there's a strong rumour that the limit is coming down from 40 and could even be as low as 35! Anything higher than 35 would actually be a bigger bonus to Buxton, because I've left one spot open at number 2 and the final decision on the points limit could yet see Buxton have a very good rider or an average one at number 2! Personally I'm hoping for around 36."

I do wonder why he writes half ste stuff he does read some of his match reports pre and post from last year they will brighten your day if you're having a bad one

• Like 1

Just a thought -

Perks 8.25

Wood 7.62

Coles 7.11

Hopwood 5.83

Powell 4.05

Harris 3.95

Brennan 3.00

Just a thought -

Perks 8.25

Wood 7.62

Coles 7.11

Hopwood 5.83

Powell 4.05

Harris 3.95

Brennan 3.00

That looks a likely team, was thinking of that one myself, as long as the points limit stays at 40! Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

Try to ignore Pipe, talks alot of rubbish ive noticed. Can only see buxton and Stoke wanting it that low.

Agreed haha. It could come down to 38 but it won't go anywhere as low as 35.

reported on the plymouth page , seems Ellis has tweeted that he will announce himself on friday the team that he is riding for next season , does this lessen the chances of it being Eastbourne ?

reported on the plymouth page , seems Ellis has tweeted that he will announce himself on friday the team that he is riding for next season , does this lessen the chances of it being Eastbourne ?

It could be his Championship club he is announcing he hasn't said it is specifically a National League team.

However if it is a National League team it lessens the chance of it being Eastbourne as they would be running a high risk, having already confirmed Wood and Coles, that if the points limit came down of not having many points left to work with.

Edited by eaglesno1

Still can't see that Connor Coles has signed for us on the official site. Is someone really in the know, or still just a rumour?

Edited by gazzac

Still can't see that Connor Coles has signed for us on the official site. Is someone really in the know, or still just a rumour?

it's on Twitter and Eastbourne Facebook officially

it's on Twitter and Eastbourne Facebook officially

Many thanks, just seemed odd it wasn't on the official website, expect before long it'll only be Facebook and Twitter.

Many thanks, just seemed odd it wasn't on the official website, expect before long it'll only be Facebook and Twitter.

Does seem strange its not on there. Not on the BSPA site yet either and they usually report all new signings.

It probably because it was forced upon them. They have probably yet to compose something.

It probably because it was forced upon them. They have probably yet to compose something.

Was only expecting a paragraph, not a symphony!

With Connor Coles signing for Newcastle, I can't see there being many Sunday meetings at Arlington next season.