British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

We used two used tyres and didn't have a problem. A bald tyre on a hard track is the same principle as a slick tyre on a road racing bike. . It's about using your head and adapting to conditions. Mildenhall are a good side this year so don't get too worked up about one meeting.

We need to up our game, and this Saturday against Cradley will probably show if Mildenhall was a one off or we're on that path. I do think Mildenhall are as good as they'll be all season , very good guests who would have probably outscored Mountain. Again though shows how unpredictable this season is likely to be.

Diabolical track? Haha. What exactly was wrong with it? Have not seen 1 complaint from any fan or rider. Clutching at straws trying to blame something else for the loss. Deary me

I wouldn't say it was massively slick . Mildenhall lads out gating Eastbourne most of the time and Eastbourne being poor and unable to pass the team riding that Mildenhall were doing. I am hoping that they put the race between Ayres and Wood up. Side by side for a few laps, great stuff. There was nothing wrong at all with that track on Sunday. Was in excellent condition tbh. The heat times suggest it stayed pretty good also. All around the 51/52 mark compared to the 53/54 second mark last week when it was slick

I've been critical on here recently about the track but as I've said previously in the topic, certainly nothing wrong with it this week. There won't be many better races at West Row this year than the one between Ayres and Wood.

Watching the forum this week and i have to say that i think Mildenhall are a class act and jenkins alone is the one to watch, but as far as track conditions it would point to it all being fair and the fact that Eastbourne went from winning on Friday at Plymouth and a big loss at Mildenhall has to have a few key factors, I read that Brennan had a new tyre? if was a pink band then well done for him getting a tyre that works. Nothing wrong with Yellow band tyres if both teams are on them.

In all the other leagues you fit a tyre at a meeting supplied by the club but i think it was a bad day for Eastbourne out classed by Mildenhall there must be a reason but i am sure we will never find out.

Seems a bit to quite as to the reason what went wrong,

Fantastic race from Ayres and Wood.

Edited by firstbendbunch

Is the pink band softer? If Mildenhall were all on pink bands and eastbourne on yellow used tyres would that mean they have a disadvantage ?? If so that could be the answer you're looking for maybe that is why they've bought 80 pink band tyres.

I have been asking about tyres but have got no answers other than the yellow band tyres are harder but seem to shred to bits when the track

is slick. Obviously if one team are on the new tyres while the other are on the old softer ones, it could affect the result, so the sooner the BSPA

sort out this mess the better.

When you refer to a "pink band" I guess you are referring to the Mitas Red tyre (standard tyre for last few seasons)?

Or is there a new "pink" compound as well?

Seen that the club have purchased tyres for the rest of the season, All red bands i guess, i think it will be interesting that if they are used against mildenhall this weekend to see if the Eagles can make a start as it paid off against Cradley.

big question is who is going to be the winners as a very tight match.

Cannot see the Eagles losing this one. Armstrong struggled for Cradley last week and Halsey does not go well although he did do much better last time. Mountain will be in some good races.

Will be some interesting battles between Brennan and Jenkins but Home track knowledge should help.The other three may have problems with Bates and Powell plus Brennan probably 7 rides.

Mattie wont struggle and should score well as long as he doesn't have mechanical issues, Charley wont either.

Plus with r/r meaning that Tom can take a couple extra rides and was just behind Jenkins in races a West Row so will definitely get the better of him.

Mattie wont struggle and should score well as long as he doesn't have mechanical issues, Charley wont either.

Plus with r/r meaning that Tom can take a couple extra rides and was just behind Jenkins in races a West Row so will definitely get the better of him.

According to club website we do not have r/r. Kelsey is riding.

Yeah just seen, doesn't make sense even if they have modified Kelsey's bike to make it easier to ride.