British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

Go back and read last 3 or 4 pages of this thread and you will see how various indications have sewn doubt.

More likely to be no chance than unlikely to be honest.

Ah ok, I shall have a read, I don't really follow this thread too much

I think as Jake has not riden since last year it's only fair he should come back on his 2016 starting average of 6.00 so he could slot back into the team ok. Think that would be allowed by the bspa under the same rule as Paul Hurry's assessed one!!!

I think as Jake has not riden since last year it's only fair he should come back on his 2016 starting average of 6.00 so he could slot back into the team ok. Think that would be allowed by the bspa under the same rule as Paul Hurry's assessed one!!!

That won't happen, it is the bspa we're talking about here, one rule for one and another rule for another (this is not a dig at Lakeside, they just took advantage of rubbish sh*te system) And lots of clubs have done that over the past few years

I still hope Jake Knight comes into Newcastle's team in place of Connor Coles, would be good for everyone involved that, both riders and clubs...

• Like 1

Sorry Dandelion, my sarcasm with the bspa has got lost in text again, it was really a knock at the Paul Hurry assessment . Would love Jake back but am pretty sure it won't happen.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

Sorry Dandelion, my sarcasm with the bspa has got lost in text again, it was really a knock at the Paul Hurry assessment . Would love Jake back but am pretty sure it won't happen.

Jake was lined up for Kings Lynn so I guess he's free again..

Jake was lined up for Kings Lynn so I guess he's free again..

Think he may still ride for Kings Lynn seniors instead of Bailey.

Heard from a very reliable source tonight that Coles has been released. Presume someone else too leaving it open for Knight to return. Was only a matter of time.

Heard from a very reliable source tonight that Coles has been released. Presume someone else too leaving it open for Knight to return. Was only a matter of time.

Hope you are right, could only be Kelsey which is probably necessary as he looked like he had broken his ankle last night. Real shame because his victory over Steve Boxall was flawless and the fastest time of the night, the best we have seen of him and a lay off just when beginning to shine is what he does not need.

Georgie Wood produced the second fastest time when beating Boxall and Baseby matched Boxall's best time with Brennan only 0.1 more. Steve Boxall proved a very good yardstick to measure them by despite poor opposition from the rest of the devils.

Coles picked up his best score and certainly tries but he is struggling to adapt to Arlington. Hope he gets a slot at IOW that would suit him better.

I'm not going to read to much into the comments here and at the match as the comments in the program still make it sound like they are sticking with the team... of course I would like to see it happen but I'm not holding my breath. Shame for Kelsey last night looked very good in his opening ride hope it's not as bad as a broken ankle

As it stands the team next week will be as follows:

1 Brennan 9.71

2 Powell 6.35

3 Baseby 7.78

4 Coles 7.11 (No 4th meeting yet)

5 Wood 8.71

6 Bates 5.88

7 Dugard 4.62

Over 11 points more than the starting average but it has been an easy start to the season. The next three League matches are a challenge and will see another big change in order no doubt.

If there is no re-declaration and Kelsey has a broken ankle we will have a rookie in there which will make a difference.

the averages are so flawed that anybody doing half ok at reserve for a few meetings shoots up, powell 6.35 bates 5.88, who is the better rider ?

the averages are so flawed that anybody doing half ok at reserve for a few meetings shoots up, powell 6.35 bates 5.88, who is the better rider ?

6.35 is a bit better than 'half ok'... Having a small number of meetings before averages change on the NL though is good because it stops the super reserves (Brennan, Bickley etc) from being there for half a season like happened in the past. It'll soon even itself out in the Eastbourne team and Bates isn't much better than Powell anyway, look at their starting averages.

• Like 1

I think you're wrong Mattie average is 6.65?

From statistics:

http://www.eastbourneeagles.co/_mobile/statistics17

17 points / 11 riders

+ yesterday = 8 from 4 = 25 points / 15 = 6.66?

Powell's avg is 6.35?

Don't know who compiles their table but it is wrong and even differs from the programme.

At home he had 4 each against Cradley and Stoke that's 8 not 7. this can be found inside the last page of the programme. I suspect that whoever compiled the stats thought his last ride against Cradley did not count as his bike packed up as the tapes went up. Be interesting to see how they treat Brennan who had the same thing last night in heat 4.

To add to the confusion he is down as 4 rides at Plymouth, BUT he was nominated for a 5th ride in heat 15 and started it but crashed and was stretchered off. By the time the medics were finished the curfew was up and the heat was not re-run. As he had been excluded as causing the stoppage it must count as a ride although they have not said so in the programme. We will have to wait and see what the official BSPA statistics say.