British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

For a team that were predicted to finish 7th they're doing well

You should know by now they are always underestimated. Year after year they were placed bottom of the Elite League by all their detractors but never ever achieved that distinction.

Some people never learn!

• Like 2

Looks like there will be some pretty one sided meetings at home with the new declared line up.

Looks like there will be some pretty one sided meetings at home with the new declared line up.

You could be right but the great thing is that Knight, Baseby and Wood are out-and-out racers. Bates, Brennan and Powell are know a thing or two about overtaking. As a result, I predict plenty of entertainment even when the Eagles are scoring big.

• Like 2

With Knight in the team, they are IMO the only team that Lakeside have to worry about

I think we should worry about Belle Vue

• Like 1

Anyone interested in watching Mark and Georgie racing in the Wimborne Grasstrack solo's class last week, click the link below to watch the official free coverage of the meeting.

https://www.speedwayportal.com/european-500cc-sidecar-semi-final

Ouch! That was a nasty tumble Georgie had in heat 2. You can see why they thought it was serious.

Pretty good coverage all round and nicely laid out so you can watch individual heats. Good on them!

Thanks for posting the link Speedway Portal

Edited by stevec

Difficult test for Hampshire tonight but if he shows up well I think he will be given the permenent position in time for next weekends two away meetings, when we need at least 4 match points.

I genuinely think this team can go all the way 3rd time lucky for the Eagles. First year second. (Won gold cup - guess like a play off) Second year second. Third year???

I genuinely think this team can go all the way 3rd time lucky for the Eagles. First year second. (Won gold cup - guess like a play off) Second year second. Third year???

Yeh, with Jake back in the team we have a really strong top 5. My only doubts are the second reserve spot as Jake picking up points alone may not be enough. We need Jake and the reserve to pick up more pints than Connor and Kelsey would have.

We really need to pick up the points next weekend. If we do, then we will be right in there.

Jake will consistantly pick up big points though, where as Connor and Kelsey you were not sure how they would do each meeting. Is better to know we have 10+ points coming in rather not knowing going into ameeting

Yeh, with Jake back in the team we have a really strong top 5. My only doubts are the second reserve spot as Jake picking up points alone may not be enough. We need Jake and the reserve to pick up more pints than Connor and Kelsey would have.

We really need to pick up the points next weekend. If we do, then we will be right in there.

Will probably have Bates and Powell swop at the next average changes which could compound the problem. Could make Bates do what Andrews did at the end of the 2015 season , regaining confidence and banging in big scores, my only fear is you'll never know whether he'll get 1 or 12!

Makes you realise the strides Powell made this year as you now expect him to get 6/10 a meeting.

Edited by gazzac