Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

What a great result for the Eagles last night another Big step for us towards the play offs. If i was a kent fan i would have some skid marks in my pants knowing that the kent season is almost over.

cant tell you how rude the kent fans were last night turining very bitter towards any Blue and Yellow fans.

The pits reaction said it all after the meeting, A very upbeat Eagles one side and a very down in the dumps kent team, The Eastbourne pits was full of fans when the kent side of the pits was just mechanics and a very black cloud.

Saturday speedway is the place to be. Eastbourne speedway

What a great result for the Eagles last night another Big step for us towards the play offs. If i was a kent fan i would have some skid marks in my pants knowing that the kent season is almost over.

cant tell you how rude the kent fans were last night turining very bitter towards any Blue and Yellow fans.

The pits reaction said it all after the meeting, A very upbeat Eagles one side and a very down in the dumps kent team, The Eastbourne pits was full of fans when the kent side of the pits was just mechanics and a very black cloud.

Don't start mud slinging. There are fans like this at all clubs and I would bet the majority of Kent fans were fine.

Obviously that's what the pits were like. Just the same as our pits will be like if Kent pull a shocker on us Saturday.....like they already have a couple of weeks back. I certainly wont be celebrating until we are mathematically through to the final.

Actually I agree with how many Kent fans are, never gone anywhere before were you are so hated and always get someone being quite nasty. Is why I have said the Kent rivalry is so much bigger than Lakeside ever was.

Actually I agree with how many Kent fans are, never gone anywhere before were you are so hated and always get someone being quite nasty. Is why I have said the Kent rivalry is so much bigger than Lakeside ever was.

Never went to Dudley Wood then, where Cradley Heath fans threw stones at visiting fans. Long time ago; no doubt the new breed of fans doesn't do such a thing.

Wolves has been my only bad experience tbh. Enough that I felt I needed to move. Maybe I just dont notice it. I certainly have never seen it at Kent. Though I wasnt there last night.

I went to Sittingbourne last night and certainly never saw any aggro' from any Kent fans, or Eagles fans for that matter. Where I sat

in the high part of the main stand the atmosphere was as you would expect, cheers when the Kings riders won and sadness when the

opposition did the same. Actually, as a neutral, the meeting itself was fabulous with some really great races and lots of talking points

with luck swinging both ways. Thought Jake Knight's wheelies out of the gate were highly spectacular and amazingly successful.

It was obvious that both sets of riders had every intention of winning and so produced some great speedway.

• Like 2

Wolves has been my only bad experience tbh. Enough that I felt I needed to move.

Went there once, didn't feel any aggro but as everyone is crammed into the one place it is easy to feel a bit of tension. (It bug's me when Pearson says how good the crowd is at Wolves - of course it's packed, there's only the main grandstand area to watch from !)

My only experience of unpleasantness was at Coventry, couldn't get out of there quick enough and would never return.

Don't like to see club's go under but I find it hard to elicit any sympathy for the Coventry Bee's.

this post is so full of crap. the eagles rode very well last night and us Kent fans always clap the race winners regardless of which team they ride for.

I must be lucky I've never been to any track and had 'agro '. I can imagine some riders can stir up the opposing fans, and we were lucky to have the past master in that in Nicki Pedersen, but what an atmosphere it created. Banter is part of it between fans and riders, but 99.9% do it in good humour, things like the Danny Ayres booing make me laugh.

Albeit I stand on turn 1 so away from the masses but I thought the atmosphere was great.

The rivalry between kent and eastbourne will always be bigger then the Eagles Hammers one for 2 reasons.

A fair number of kent fans are old Canterbury fans, and more significantly Kent actually have fans.... lol

In all seriousness Georgie got cheered when he beat Bowen, cracking ride.

But there was not anything contriversial to get either fans overly animated.

I said in advance of the meeting that I felt the home leg was more of a concern. I can see a few grey hairs developing Saturday evening, and think the bar may do good business on "nerve settlers"

See I completely disagree, the eagles have just turned a massive improvement from their last fixture at Kent, eagles if all on form on a well prepared track will leave Kent trailing.

See I completely disagree, the eagles have just turned a massive improvement from their last fixture at Kent, eagles if all on form on a well prepared track will leave Kent trailing.

[/quote

Not if Kent gate like they did last time.

I think Kent were at a peak the last time they played us at Arlington and caught us slightly off guard and we didn't perform that well. Even if we have to go r/r for Jake, I think after the spirit of the first leg, I'm hoping it'll be normal service resumed with a 6/8 point win . If we hit them hard in the first half dozen heats and get a fair lead, could even be a bigger win.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

Think what is key is Bradley Andrews fitness, if his hand can handle it the with a seven man team (no disrespect to Macaulay Leek) I think we have every chance.

Don't think a single supporter of either side will walk in Saturday and feel at all comfortable.

In some ways I can see the atmosphere being somewhat subdued with us all biting our nails. Let's just hope the riders decide this on track and not some ref making bad calls either way in the box.