British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

I think it was confirmed when he rode for IOW as well.

What about Charley Powell? I'm not an Eastbourne regular but when I saw him in the cup final last weekend he was massively improved on the beginning of the season.

Also, are the Spillers a possibility?

What about Charley Powell? I'm not an Eastbourne regular but when I saw him in the cup final last weekend he was massively improved on the beginning of the season.

yes he has, he can get out the gate really well its just a case of staying on as he isn't afraid of going for it but just needs to know not into the corners. the trouble is will he reach his average in scoring every week, as we aren't having an Adam Ellis next year i have read on the forum we need everyone to score. with the unknown quantity of the big GC we can't have too many "risky" riders.

i believe uni and GCSE or equivalents over there will probably prevent the Spillers attending at least until the summer.

Thanks. Have there been any races involving both Charley Powell and Kelsey Dugard? Charley last week was better than last time I saw Kelsey race (not recent months). That said, I like Kelsey and hope he continues to progress in the sport.

I think Charlies problem is his average. He would surely have to go in the main body of the team. I would hope Kelsey could progress more but maybe not. Who knows!

Much will depend on the team building averages. If The additional teams join and fewer drop out i suspect the averages will have to come down. Several teams struggled to build a side near the limit last year due to the limited available riders with established averages. For that reason i think Powell might get a place but i would be highly surprised if it was at Eastbourne. It would rely on him not only being at number 2 and improving his average but improving it enough that it keeps Brennan at reserve to maximise his potential. My gut feeling is that the other Eastbourne reserve will be a NL newbie.

• Like 1

Much will depend on the team building averages. If The additional teams join and fewer drop out i suspect the averages will have to come down. Several teams struggled to build a side near the limit last year due to the limited available riders with established averages. For that reason i think Powell might get a place but i would be highly surprised if it was at Eastbourne. It would rely on him not only being at number 2 and improving his average but improving it enough that it keeps Brennan at reserve to maximise his potential. My gut feeling is that the other Eastbourne reserve will be a NL newbie.

Think you're right,although I just hope the limit stays at 40. Seems a good limit to build to, gives scope for a decent heat leader, retain some of the improavers from last year and bring in some newbies/youngsters . Still think we'll go with Perks, Knight, Wood, Brennen, another 3 point reserve, then decide the last 2 places at 2and4 once the points limit is known.

Edited by gazzac

From the outside i suspect that line up will most likely form the spine of your team. Other factors that may scupper it are that Knight, Perks & Wood could all find themselves in the running for PL reserve berths?

From the outside i suspect that line up will most likely form the spine of your team. Other factors that may scupper it are that Knight, Perks & Wood could all find themselves in the running for PL reserve berths?

What's the PL??? Haven't really studdied the new rules for the Championship, and don't know what the rules will be if they sign NL first? Think Perks will get a place in the Championship, still not sure Wood and Knight may only do NL for another year .

Having had another quick scan if Wood and Knight start on 2 points you could be right!

Edited by gazzac

I think lakeside will.

Ellis 10.93

3 pointer

Wood 7.53

Hunter 3.89

Knight 8.54

Brennan 3

Jenkins 3

Or perks instead of ellis then 2 points to play with?

Ellis 10.93

3 pointer

Wood 7.53

Hunter 3.89

Knight 8.54

Brennan 3

Jenkins 3

Or perks instead of ellis then 2 points to play with?

That would be a great team with Brennan and Jenkins moving into the main body after 4 but I think there is no way they will get Jenkins. Everybody will want him.

That would be a great team with Brennan and Jenkins moving into the main body after 4 but I think there is no way they will get Jenkins. Everybody will want him.

Great team if Hunter + 3 pointer scored well at reserve & Brennan/Jenkins scored well in the main body of the team. IMO to have a side that is strong all season you need to either keep your good reserves at reserve or have two riders who will drop down and score equally well.