Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

I thought Steve Crow filled the time last year quite nicely between heats 14 and 15 when he got someone from the crowd out on to the centregreen to make the announcement.

Yes he did also good when he got a couple of Kent fans out there too
  • Like 1

I thought Steve Crow filled the time last year quite nicely between heats 14 and 15 when he got someone from the crowd out on to the centregreen to make the announcement.

I thought he was impressive full stop.

Lot better than some of the tedious or star of the show presenters out there.

• Like 2

There must be a practice session soon it's march before we know it!!

going to France aren't they sometime

going to France aren't they sometime

Yes...later this month. No real rush to practise as season doesn't start until Good Friday; unlike our EL days when we were off like a shot to get Saturday meetings staged before GPs began. If it had been EL we would have had a meeting, I think, a fortnight on Saturday.

I suppose so I'm just getting bored at home.

What is the saying? Something like: all good things come to those that wait!

Anyway, counting the days now we are into March

I know, just wanted to know if we could watch some see fans etc and new riders

They said at the forum, Press and official practice was on last Saturday of this month. Not got my diary with me so can't put actual date in. No time as yet - but will be daytime no doubt.

Edited by Richard Weston

Is it right that speedway has only a couple of years at Arlington?

Have heard on two separate occasions and sources that the land has been sold for a hotel development.

Have heard on two separate occasions and sources that the land has been sold for a hotel development.

New one on me. People have talked about housing in the past but it has never got beyond talk.

why put a hotel there it's in the middle of nowhere and is pretty bleak. Anyway I thought building on the land had been ruled out as its in the Green zone

Think it less likely to get planning for a hotel than housing with current policies.

Be sad if it does only have a couple left It's just a shame that the stadium isn't more central then I believe you would get the crowds like Poole

I read in the speedway star that Clegg left nl to hopefully be a pl number 1 by the end of this season - good luck to him. A rider that sticks in my mind after he refused to race heat 1 at Eastbourne then reeled of 4 wins I believe. - I saw his results at Glasgow today...maybe a slow start to his pl number 1 status?