British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

Will probably have Bates and Powell swop at the next average changes which could compound the problem. Could make Bates do what Andrews did at the end of the 2015 season , regaining confidence and banging in big scores, my only fear is you'll never know whether he'll get 1 or 12!

Makes you realise the strides Powell made this year as you now expect him to get 6/10 a meeting.

I think Bates at reserve would be a real bonus. Charlie will still pick up some points as a second string but Bates will just clean up. I am sure the team are working on getting him and his equipment consistent and once done, he will fly!

I think Bates at reserve would be a real bonus. Charlie will still pick up some points as a second string but Bates will just clean up. I am sure the team are working on getting him and his equipment consistent and once done, he will fly!

I hope you're right, as I said similar thing happened to Andrews a couple of years ago.

Getting the right rider in the final Seven is vital but hugely challenging. Don't think Connor will sleep easy until that conundrum is sorted.

Once knight goes to one it will be a bit easier on Powell as I suspect he will start at 4 to allow baseby to still look after brennan

you would need to hide charley as well as you could, scoring well against some modest reserves is one thing, abour 2-3 a meeting would be a gd return at no 2 or 4

No, I expect it will be:

1 Jake

2 Charley

3 Georgie

4 Tom

5 Mark

6 ?

7 Mattie

I think it more likely Mark at 3 and Georgie back to 5. Puts Mark and Tom together for 3 out of the 4 programmed rides. Edited by gazzac

Marks definitely better than Georgie on current form

I see your idea though as mark is a very good team rider

Marks definitely better than Georgie on current form

I see your idea though as mark is a very good team rider

That was my thinking, Tom and Mark rode well together Saturday and have another 3 league meetings and the koc cup tie to ride together so will be used to each other. Georgie is an out and out racer and have noticed unintentionally he sometimes blocks his team mate. The number 5 slot always seems to be the one where you go for it, which I think suits Georgie best.

Surprised that people think Tom needs protecting. The lad is no slouch at the gate, fast and difficult to catch, full of enthusiasm and fearless.

He is also a quick learner and has very good control of his machine without making an obvious mistake. In case it has gone unnoticed he has not fallen once this season at home although he was brought down in an all 4 back. He has only fallen once away from home , on the first day of the season but having said that last week he did try to ride the back straight on one wheel to go faster but he had no trouble controlling it.

Surprised that people think Tom needs protecting. The lad is no slouch at the gate, fast and difficult to catch, full of enthusiasm and fearless.

He is also a quick learner and has very good control of his machine without making an obvious mistake. In case it has gone unnoticed he has not fallen once this season at home although he was brought down in an all 4 back. He has only fallen once away from home , on the first day of the season but having said that last week he did try to ride the back straight on one wheel to go faster but he had no trouble controlling it.

Definitely don't think he needs protecting, but he is still learning and pairing him with an experienced calm rider like Mark can only do him good in the long run. Maybe it'll end up Mark supporting him at some meetings, expecially if Tom gates as speed wise not a lot between them. Also having the 2 of them at 3/4 gives you a really strong pairing in the vital middle order . Definitely think it's a good plan to have them at 1/2 at the moment as it does take some pressure off Tom against opposing bit hitting no 1's. Edited by gazzac

Don't know whether he wants to be an unattached rider for the rest of the season, but if he does want to commit to signing for someone, after his rides last Saturday and at Birmingham last night we should snap up Taylor Hampshire asap, if we don't someone else definitely will.

Guest GiveusaB

Hampshire for Brum !!! :t: please !!!