Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne 2017

Alex Spooner looks to be improving but still not in anyone's 1 to 7

Don't think he wants to be. As it stands he can remain a freelance rider taking bookings as and when he wants (or until an actual average catches up with him) and as he is in demand hes not going short of rides.

Apparently it was Roberts who was dropped for Hampshire for Brum, and from what I can remember Roberts was riding for the Reading SDL side already at Arlington

I may be going mad (and apologies if I am) but were the National League 4s announced? Could have sworn it was in Swindon around 9th July but can't see it on any sites.

Scrub out the above, just found out via Twitter it's not on the 9th July anymore.

Apparently it was Roberts who was dropped for Hampshire for Brum, and from what I can remember Roberts was riding for the Reading SDL side already at Arlington

you remember correctly , scoring one less than luke harris who is having a good season , this saturday was down to be another double header with reading v kent kestrels after the main event , so if nothing has changed he sounds like a possibility for sat.

So would definitely make sense then as being announced as one of our reserves

Kyle Roberts is still in the Brummies declared 1-7

Not sure if he is fit though

We will find out tomorrow when Wednesdays team news is out

But I haven't seen anything saying who Taylor Hampshire has replaced and people are saying its Roberts so I would grab him if I was Connor as best option probably around

But I haven't seen anything saying who Taylor Hampshire has replaced and people are saying its Roberts so I would grab him if I was Connor as best option probably around

According to latest team decs on speedwaygb Hampshire has replaced Leek in B'ham's 1-7.

Yeah all seems abit uninformative, if Birmingham have said they have signed Hampshire, it should say who he is replacing.

Just had a look at the averages due to come in on the 1st July and Wood will go to No 1 for the time being and Bates to reserve.

Assume Baseby will go to 3, and Knight remaining at 5. Leaves Powell and Brennen at 2 or 4, not sure on current form who goes where but probably Powell at 2 and keep Brennen paired with Baseby at 4.Just the remaining reserve slot to sort and hope Bates rides to his ability at reserve, if he does should do what Powell has done over the last month.

Edited by gazzac

Any idea how they work the new GSA list out? It was issued on 26th and has effect on 1st July, It does not seem to include the results of the 25th because that was Jake's 4th meeting and his true average is 11.0

Georgie is shown as 9+ but should be 8.39 and Tom is overstated and should be 8.24. On that list Georgie will be No 1 on Saturday.

The true averages including June 25th are:-

Knight 11.00

Baseby 8.75

Wood 8.39

Brennan 8.24

Powell 6.42

Bates 4.86

I think it's one of those questions that nobody knows how they work it out or assess averages!

I suppose from the team point of view makes little difference, with Wood and Knight at 1 or 5 at the moment. By the next change they'll swop around anyway and Knight should be No 1 for the rest of the season.

Edited by gazzac

They may update it again, but its done on a week before it becomes effective, so Jake's average wont come in till later I would think, so maybe Georgie only at No1 for this week if is the case

Nothing confirmed wither way.

Leek was dropped last week so I'd imagine it's him.

Roberts still injured tho.

I wonder if Connor has anything up his sleeve? Hampshire to Brum now O'Keefe to Plymouth, running out of options.